Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (107 Viewers)

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
My Azzuri Starting 11

----------------Lucarelli

----Del Piero------------Quagliarella

-------Perotta---Pirlo---Gattuso

---Pasqual--Canna--Matrix---Oddo

-----------------Buffon

Although i'm sure inzaghi might get the nod over Lucarelli and Di Natale over either Quagli or Ale.

If Ale doesn't play from the start tomorrow I'm gonna break Shittadoni's legs

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
i fkn HATE it when Ale is made to play wide left...it totally limits his natural play...play him as support striker to Pippo and then see the magic...goddamn Coaches dont seem to understand that

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
i fkn HATE it when Ale is made to play wide left...it totally limits his natural play...play him as support striker to Pippo and then see the magic...goddamn Coaches dont seem to understand that
No one said he was gunna play on the left, he's suppose to actually play in the middle..or so it seems.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Alex appreciates Azzurri Saturday 2 June, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With more Italy stars abandoning international duty, Alessandro Del Piero assures he’ll always fly the flag.

Following Francesco Totti’s sabbatical from the Azzurri, now Alessandro Nesta has followed suit in retiring so that he can focus on club football.

“Do I care about the Italy squad? Of course I do!” exclaimed the Juventus captain. “In fact, it’s ridiculous to ask me how much and why I care.

“You don’t need to ask me this question… I think that my history shows how attached I am to the Azzurri jersey.”

Del Piero is expected to start upfront against the Faroe Islands in today’s Euro 2008 qualifier and, after a spell in Serie B, finds himself facing a team made up of amateur players.

“In the Faroe Islands it really is like another world,” he said. “It’s curious to think that I will be marked by a carpenter.”

Champions League hero Pippo Inzaghi is set to be Del Piero’s partner in a 4-3-3 system with either Tommaso Rocchi or Fabio Quagliarella.

Kick-off is at 19.45 UK time in Torshavn and the game will be officiated by Polish referee Robert Malek.

Channel 4

:touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 107)