Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (112 Viewers)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
del piero definately deserves a call up, but there is no doubt totti would be of great use to the azzurri, 18 goals in serie A, he is in great form, and other then Toni I dont see anyone really worthy r a place so I think it should be Del Piero-Toni

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
About Del Piero and Donadoni thing.

I really don't know whom Donadoni is talking about, the options he probably mean are (Inzaghi, Di Michele, Cassano, Toni, Lucarelli, Di Natale) non of them really impressed me so far this season except maybe for Luca Toni. The rest can't be compared to Del Piero's form or half of what he's doing.

And If this is because of Serie "B", then he better not call Buffon, Camoranesi and probably Chiellini who is inform. If he thinks Serie "B" is any easier for these players, then he absolutely shouldn't be sitting on that bench.

From what I've seen Del Piero is pretty lucky he's not injured now, they've been tough like hell on him in Serie "B". Not to mention how they're marking him in each game. I'm not comparing Serie B to A, but Serie B isn't easy, so Donadoni can surely soap it and play his football somewhere far.

Del Piero deserves the call up, now we'll have to see If he'll recieve a call or not. If not then he must be asking the likes of Di Natale the impossible.

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007

I really don't know whom Donadoni is talking about, the options he probably mean are (Inzaghi, Di Michele, Cassano, Toni, Lucarelli, Di Natale) non of them really impressed me so far this season except maybe for Luca Toni. The rest can't be compared to Del Piero's form or half of what he's doing.

And If this is because of Serie "B", then he better not call Buffon, Camoranesi and probably Chiellini who is inform. If he thinks Serie "B" is any easier for these players, then he absolutely shouldn't be sitting on that bench.

From what I've seen Del Piero is pretty lucky he's not injured now, they've been tough like hell on him in Serie "B". Not to mention how they're marking him in each game. I'm not comparing Serie B to A, but Serie B isn't easy, so Donadoni can surely soap it and play his football somewhere far.

Del Piero deserves the call up, now we'll have to see If he'll recieve a call or not. If not then he must be asking the likes of Di Natale the impossible.
It's not that it isn't easy, just they have tight marking on big teams like Juventuz, that's obvious, but I think he deserves a call-up too.

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
Donadoni ain't taking this man?

When Italy came to Georgia, Del Piero wasn't even sitting on the bench!!!

As long as Totti won't play until September, HOW CAN ANY coach not take him:(

Just a paradox!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Palladino living the dream
Saturday 17 March, 2007

Juventus starlet Raffaele Palladino says it’s a dream come true to play alongside his childhood hero Alessandro Del Piero.

“Playing for this club has been a dream I have held within me since I was a little boy. I wished so hard to one day be able to work with such a great champion as Del Piero and now I’m doing it,” beamed the Under-21 international

“As a kid I had two posters on my wall, of Del Piero and Zinedine Zidane. I remember the Del Piero one most fondly, as I never got the chance to meet the Frenchman.

“When I joined Juventus and got to have my first training session with Ale, I was so emotional. He gave me some great advice, as he is a wonderful man off the field as well as a champion on it.”

The two players combined last week for Palladino’s winner in the hard-fought 1-0 victory over Treviso, as Del Piero took a free kick quickly to catch the defence unawares.

“I called for the ball as I was clear, but all the credit for the goal goes to Del Piero. It was a wonderful feeling to score. I should have given him the assist instead, as we all want him to be crowned Serie B Capocannoniere.”

Palladino had been on loan to Livorno last season, but upon their demotion in the Calciopoli scandal, Juve recalled the young talent.

“I had received an offer from Udinese this summer, but my objective is to try to make a name for myself at Juventus and stay here as long as possible,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

He has earned praise from World Cup winning Coach Marcello Lippi, who compared the Azzurrini man with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“Lippi gave me a lot of useful advice. When he talked about me it was very moving, as I never thought such a great Coach could single me out.”

:touched:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

Imo Alex deserves a call up partially because of his performances on the pitch in serie B and more because there isn't anyone whos that great that could play for Italy.

If there was anyone better someone at this stage and there wouldn't be a place for Alex,camo, and Gigi then Donadoni should call him up.
If call ups were based on performances in serie B then Bellucci from Bologna should get the call up as he the top scorer atm or something like that.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Imo Alex deserves a call up partially because of his performances on the pitch in serie B and more because there isn't anyone whos that great that could play for Italy.

If there was anyone better someone at this stage and there wouldn't be a place for Alex,camo, and Gigi then Donadoni should call him up.
If call ups were based on performances in serie B then Bellucci from Bologna should get the call up as he the top scorer atm or something like that.
Del Piero is the top scorer...

15 Del Piero (Juventus)
12 Bellucci (Bologna), Papa Waigo (Cesena)
10 Calaiò (Napoli)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Bellucci has 13 goals
Waigo has 12
Player Club Goals
Del Piero Juventus 15 (1 pen)
Bellucci Bologna 13 (3)
Papa Waigo Cesena 12
Calaio` Napoli 10 (4)
Trezeguet Juventus 9
Jeda Rimini 9 (2)
Adailton Genoa 9 (4)
Acquafresca Treviso 8
Moscardelli Rimini 8
Nedved Juventus 8
Pelle' Cesena 8
Possanzini Brescia 8 (1)
Bucchi Napoli 8 (2)
Schwoch Vicenza 8 (3)
Floro Flores Arezzo 7
De Rosa Genoa 7
Guidetti Spezia 7
Lodi Frosinone 7 (1)
Margiotta Frosinone 7 (2)
Cacia Piacenza 7 (3)
Cellini Albinoleffe 7 (3)
Salvetti Cesena 7 (4)

Jul 23, 2006
Player Club Goals
Del Piero Juventus 15 (1 pen)
Bellucci Bologna 13 (3)
Papa Waigo Cesena 12
Calaio` Napoli 10 (4)
Trezeguet Juventus 9
Jeda Rimini 9 (2)
Adailton Genoa 9 (4)
Acquafresca Treviso 8
Moscardelli Rimini 8
Nedved Juventus 8
Pelle' Cesena 8
Possanzini Brescia 8 (1)
Bucchi Napoli 8 (2)
Schwoch Vicenza 8 (3)
Floro Flores Arezzo 7
De Rosa Genoa 7
Guidetti Spezia 7
Lodi Frosinone 7 (1)
Margiotta Frosinone 7 (2)
Cacia Piacenza 7 (3)
Cellini Albinoleffe 7 (3)
Salvetti Cesena 7 (4)
Football Italia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)