Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (163 Viewers)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
sorry if someone already posted it...........

Del Piero hails 'the realisation of a dream'

DORTMUND, July 4 (Reuters) - Italy's Allessandro Del Piero said it was hard to describe his feelings after beating Germany 2-0 following extra time in Tuesday's World Cup semi-final.

'It was fantastic to be part of a match like that,' said substitute striker Del Piero, who scored Italy's second goal.

'To win in their own backyard -- there aren't any words that describe what I'm feeling right now...
'I've had some criticism recently, but today I demonstrated that my desire is as great as anyone else's.'
Italy coach Marcello Lippi, who saw his team snatch two late goals near the end of the extra period with fullback Fabio Grosso putting them ahead, said Italy had dominated the game.
'This is the realisation of a dream that has lasted a long time. If there was a team that was going to win this game, it was going to be us,' he said.
'We dominated the territory and we were tired at the end and risked a bit, but not too much. This morning I had a chat with the boys and I said a few things.'

this is probably the best del piero goal of his italian career, well it might be a tight race between this one and the goal he scored against mexico

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
mnementh said:
Del Piero has to step up vs Germany!!! Even if he plays 10 minutes he should score :D "People" say he sometimes goes missing on the big matches but I think otherwise - I think he lives for moments like today's match. I think he will kill himself to score. Then again, he might not play... :(
He played less than 20 min and scored :agree:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Thank you Del Piero...thank you....I'm watching that goal over and over, and Gila's assist was magnificent..

When Del Piero found himself "one on one" against Lehman,it was clear that Lehman won't have any chance...Fantastic goal by our Il Capiatano,pure art.:touched:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well, i think it was the most important!.

There is nothing better than to score in the semifinal of the maximum world cup competiton........ well ther si one, scoring in the final ;)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I wasnt so emotional since our superb victory against real in 2003 CL semifinal!!.

Hope this time things go our way!!!! It have to be our way !!!!

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
mnementh said:
Well guys I've been celebrating this amazing victory! We are finally in the Final!!! I'm really happy because of the team that Italy is and I'm very proud to wear my Italian flag and my Azurri shirt (with del piero in the back :p ) in the streets.

I quote this picture because this is the exact face that I had when dp scored his goal (his amazing goal!!). It's the first time I cried because of a victory. But, I realized that I was crying because of dp's goal. I was really expecting this all the World Cup but it really surprised me today! Great victory! Grande Azurri!

I cried for dp and I wish I could fell like today for any other player of the World, but its imposible. This is why I love Alessandro and this is why he is the best player and the best person in the World.

Del Piero GRAZIE MILLE!!!
Del Piero the BEST!!!

Forza Pinturricchio!!

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Del Piero: 'I can't describe it'
04/07/2006 23:55

Alessandro del Piero was left speechless after helping Italy reach the final at Germany's expense on Tuesday. The Juventus striker sealed a 2-0 semi-final win with a stunning finish in the closing seconds of extra time to crush the host nation's hopes.

"It was fantastic to be part of a match like that," said Del Piero, who had seen Fabio Grosso open the scoring just a minute before his own strike.

"To win in their own backyard - there aren't any words that describe what I'm feeling right now...I've had some criticism recently, but today I demonstrated that my desire is as great as anyone else's."

Italy dominated the game in Dortmund for long periods, and coach Marcello Lippi insisted he had never lost faith.

"This is the realisation of a dream that has lasted a long time. If there was a team that was going to win this game, it was going to be us," said Lippi.*

"We dominated the territory and we were tired at the end and risked a bit, but not too much. This morning I had a chat with the boys and I said a few things."

eurosport

jumbo

Juve all time top scorer
Nov 7, 2004
I would be really dissapointed if Alex got a starting spot in the final.

I guess, I am used to him coming off the bench. His much more, much more dangerous then.

Yes, he deserves just as much as the next guy but I think the supersub role is perfect for him. He comes on and kills off the game.

I hope comes in as a sub against France/Portugal and I'm expecting another goal - this time the winning one. :)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
i dont expect lippi to change the lineup........dont change something that isnt broke. the only switch i would make is bringing in gilla for toni because he doesnt look that great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 160)