Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (106 Viewers)

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Thuram: "We have to concentrate"

Lilian Thuram today spoke to journalists about Juve's preperation for their challenge with Arsenal on Wednesday night, and was typically confident in his response: "It will be difficult but not impossible. The beautiful thing about football is that nothing can ever be taken for granted, there's everyhting still to play for. We have to try and score as early as possible, then we must concentrate and pay a great deal of attention." Above all, Juventus must not lose their focus on Henry: "He is a fantstic player when he has space, we must try and give him the least possible."

He was also keen to stress that it was the team as a whole and not one individual player who would have to be on form if Juventus were to overcome their 2-0 deficit: "The difference won't be made by one player but by the whole group, the spirt of the squad." This spirit was perfectly summarised by Del Piero. Although he will be unavailable for this match, he took Thuram to one side in after training and simply said: "See you in the semi-final..."

:touched:

I just simply love dp! Come back!!!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Juve_25 said:
Thuram: "We have to concentrate"

Lilian Thuram today spoke to journalists about Juve's preperation for their challenge with Arsenal on Wednesday night, and was typically confident in his response: "It will be difficult but not impossible. The beautiful thing about football is that nothing can ever be taken for granted, there's everyhting still to play for. We have to try and score as early as possible, then we must concentrate and pay a great deal of attention." Above all, Juventus must not lose their focus on Henry: "He is a fantstic player when he has space, we must try and give him the least possible."

He was also keen to stress that it was the team as a whole and not one individual player who would have to be on form if Juventus were to overcome their 2-0 deficit: "The difference won't be made by one player but by the whole group, the spirt of the squad." This spirit was perfectly summarised by Del Piero. Although he will be unavailable for this match, he took Thuram to one side in after training and simply said: "See you in the semi-final..."

:touched:

I just simply love dp! Come back!!!

Oh Del Piero:touched:

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
olkiller said:
We have to thrash Arsenal, no matter what...Still this situation sadly reminds of that terrible 98/99 season.
i dont think thats gona happen, we're gna look lost tmw, and capello will do nothing but shrug his shoulders

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think DP was our only hope of pulling this brace out of the bidone. Now that he's out, time to focus on finishing out the Scudetto.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Fuck that,,,, Del Piero is our captain!!! He will be missed. We needed him so bad..
BUT.. we are STILL Juve .. We are the bianconeri.. We are the heros.. (Its obvious that I am trying to convince myself now isn't it?)... We can do it.. I know we can.. Just focus and give that boy David some clean passes and you will find the score under Juve increasing by every pass..
Forza David..
Forza Juve.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
ZAF3000 said:
Fuck that,,,, Del Piero is our captain!!! He will be missed. We needed him so bad..
BUT.. we are STILL Juve .. We are the bianconeri.. We are the heros.. (Its obvious that I am trying to convince myself now isn't it?)... We can do it.. I know we can.. Just focus and give that boy David some clean passes and you will find the score under Juve increasing by every pass..
Forza David..
Forza Juve.
true, david can score, if he gets the chance he can do it, comon juve!!! do it for del piero!!!!

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Hammer blow
The UEFA Champions League, though, cannot be won on obduracy alone. Not only will Juve need to breach the meanest backline in the competition this season at least twice, but they need to wrest possession from an Arsenal midfield that is comfortable on the ball and eke out chances of their own. It is for this reason that Alessandro Del Piero is so important to the club's cause. As if three suspensions were not punishment enough, "Pinturicchio's" failed a fitness test today, maybe a hammer blow to the Italian champions' prospects of qualifying for the last four.

Immediate impact
While Juve's captain has not been a regular starter this season, his contribution to his side's double assault on the league and Europe has nevertheless been telling. Del Piero has scored 15 goals in Italy this season plus three in the UEFA Champions League, and his ability to conjure goals for others is of worldwide renown. With Juventus trailing Werder Bremen in the first leg of the last round, the 31-year-old made an immediate impact from the bench, spreading panic through the home defence with his penetrating runs and playing a part in both of the away goals that eventually sent his side through to the last eight.

Del Piero worry
Capello probably would not have started Del Piero at Arsenal last week, preferring to deploy Zlatan Ibrahimović alongside David Trezeguet; but the coach would dearly loved to have turned to the captain when the tide turned against Juve. A thigh strain had deprived the two-times competition winners of their inspiration and, now, with Ibrahimović struggling to rediscover his creative best and Camoranesi out, fans of the Italian side will have been praying that Del Piero would be fit by Wednesday.

It didn't work :cry:

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
Alex Del Piero say:

"
Niente da fare. Pur avendo tentato di tutto per essere a disposizione nella partita contro l'Arsenal, la situazione al momento non mi consente di prendere parte al match di domani. Inutile sottolineare quanto sia dispiaciuto, ci tenevo davvero molto a poter fare la mia parte... a questo punto il mio obiettivo si sposta avanti di qualche giorno, e lavorerò per riuscire ad essere in campo già domenica contro la Fiorentina. "

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
If Del Piero was even just on the field he would still lift the whole team mentally which is a lot more than Zlatan is capable of doing for us.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
CORVETTE said:
Alex Del Piero say:

"
Niente da fare. Pur avendo tentato di tutto per essere a disposizione nella partita contro l'Arsenal, la situazione al momento non mi consente di prendere parte al match di domani. Inutile sottolineare quanto sia dispiaciuto, ci tenevo davvero molto a poter fare la mia parte... a questo punto il mio obiettivo si sposta avanti di qualche giorno, e lavorerò per riuscire ad essere in campo già domenica contro la Fiorentina. "

Shows how much It hurts to be out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)