Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (105 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
From what I saw, he suddenly walked out. No cams followed him (which is very strange). A single cam for few seconds showed Del Piero pointing to his back thigh muscle.
I am really surprised no cams followed him. Atleast the Director of the TV broad casting did not follow him.
Any news? I hope he is ok.. I am very worried.

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
ZAF3000 said:
From what I saw, he suddenly walked out. No cams followed him (which is very strange). A single cam for few seconds showed Del Piero pointing to his back thigh muscle.
I am really surprised no cams followed him. Atleast the Director of the TV broad casting did not follow him.
Any news? I hope he is ok.. I am very worried.
I'm worried too. The only news I have is this one:

Notiziario medico: Del Piero

Alessandro Del Piero ha dovuto abbandonare il campo al quarto d'ora di Juventus-Roma a causa di un problema muscolare al flessore della coscia sinistra. Le sue condizioni verranno valutate nelle prossime ore.

"A muscular problem in the "flessore" of the left thigh".

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Juve_25 said:
I'm worried too. The only news I have is this one:

Notiziario medico: Del Piero

Alessandro Del Piero ha dovuto abbandonare il campo al quarto d'ora di Juventus-Roma a causa di un problema muscolare al flessore della coscia sinistra. Le sue condizioni verranno valutate nelle prossime ore.

"A muscular problem in the "flessore" of the left thigh".

eeerrr.... :cry:

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Del Piero Out Of Arsenal Tie?

Juventus face the prospect of travelling to London for Tuesday’s Champions League quarter final clash against Arsenal without striker Alessandro Del Piero.
The Italian international missed training earlier in the week with a right thigh injury but has now injured the other thigh in the game against AS Roma at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

David Trezeguet replaced Del Piero after 17 minutes of the game.

Juve coach Fabio Capello is already without the suspended Pavel Nedved for Tuesday’s game

Source: goal.com

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
ZAF3000 said:

Juventus face the prospect of travelling to London for Tuesday’s Champions League quarter final clash against Arsenal without striker Alessandro Del Piero.
The Italian international missed training earlier in the week with a right thigh injury but has now injured the other thigh in the game against AS Roma at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

Juve coach Fabio Capello is already without the suspended Pavel Nedved for Tuesday’s game

This is too bad. I was afraid that this was coming.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Missing Arsenal's match is kinda expected. My worries goes to the duration he'll be out for it.. I really hope its nothing serious and he just got scared because of his previous history with muscle injuries.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
ZAF3000 said:
Missing Arsenal's match is kinda expected. My worries goes to the duration he'll be out for it.. I really hope its nothing serious and he just got scared because of his previous history with muscle injuries.
fvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvck :cry:

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
ZAF3000 said:

What a Blow!With Neddy & dp out... Now we have no offensive substitutes against Arsenal except for (Zalayeta)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Del Piero doubt for Highbury
Sunday 26 March, 2006
Alessandro Del Piero is a “major doubt” for Tuesday’s trip to Highbury after limping off with a thigh injury against Roma.

The Juventus star has barely trained all week due to a muscular problem and was surprisingly given a start against Roma at the Delle Alpi last night.

However, he pulled up with a left thigh injury and limped off after just 17 minutes of play, making way for David Trezeguet in the 1-1 draw.

“He had already struggled with a problem in that leg during the week and I have major doubts that he’ll be fit in time for Tuesday,” explained Coach Fabio Capello.

Juventus will take on Arsenal in the first leg of the Champions League quarter-final at Highbury on Tuesday evening.

However, the man himself is confident that it is not a thigh strain, as that diagnosis would rule him out for two to three weeks.

“I don’t think it’s anything particularly serious,” assured Del Piero. “It’s a shame, though, as I had already recovered from this kind of thing from last week. We’ll wait and see what the tests say.”

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Azzurri7 said:
Del Piero doubt for Highbury
Sunday 26 March, 2006
Alessandro Del Piero is a “major doubt” for Tuesday’s trip to Highbury after limping off with a thigh injury against Roma.

The Juventus star has barely trained all week due to a muscular problem and was surprisingly given a start against Roma at the Delle Alpi last night.

However, he pulled up with a left thigh injury and limped off after just 17 minutes of play, making way for David Trezeguet in the 1-1 draw.

“He had already struggled with a problem in that leg during the week and I have major doubts that he’ll be fit in time for Tuesday,” explained Coach Fabio Capello.

Juventus will take on Arsenal in the first leg of the Champions League quarter-final at Highbury on Tuesday evening.

However, the man himself is confident that it is not a thigh strain, as that diagnosis would rule him out for two to three weeks.

“I don’t think it’s anything particularly serious,” assured Del Piero. “It’s a shame, though, as I had already recovered from this kind of thing from last week. We’ll wait and see what the tests say.”
Why does capello keep on playing unfit players???????????????? And what as starters??????????
1- Trezeguet's shoulder issue last season
2- Birindelli last season
3- Zebina both seasons, but specially this season
4- Ibrahimovic this season
5- Del Piero this season

The funny thing they all end up limping out of the match.... Its not like we don't have other options!!!

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
we should have protected del piero dor the arsenal game but once again capello leaves us all scratching our heads with some woefull decisions this is just what we didnt need,hope he can shake it off for tuesday

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
In a certain way, one can think that Capello started with DP so he won't be fit for Arsenal, it seems his wish came true by DP going out limping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 98)