Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (107 Viewers)

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
I hope Del Piero starts, either instead of Gila or instead of Totti again. Because totti scored a freakin' penalty, his lovers are now saying he's really good (oh, what a penalty, so diffffficult, so sublime), and that he was actually good before the penalty. Well he wasn't, he was terrible as usual misplacing passes all over the places. I hope Lippi doesn't trust him all of a sudden just because of a penalty, and if he does play, then not instead of Del Piero who we all know is the best :D

Del Piero, we all loyal fans are waiting for you. Gol di Del Piero !

english:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0G9z5Fcj44&search=del piero vs mexico

italian:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oakOvb5yyA&search=del piero vs mexico

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
I had a G’Day, says Del Piero

Alessandro Del Piero insists he did well against Australia despite again being played out of position for Italy.

The Juventus captain was fielded in a wide left attacking midfield role during the 1-0 second round win, but didn’t totally convince the Italian media of his display.

Yet the No 10, who usually plays as a second striker for the Old Lady, maintains he was satisfied with his performance.

“I was asked to do a specific job and I accepted,” said Del Piero. “Seeing as we risked little defensively down the flank, I think I did well.

“I have to underline that we did threaten offensively too against the Australians. We had four clear chances and two of those developed from my feet.

“Playing in such a way you saw little of the real Del Piero, I was transformed into someone else. But I was still happy with what I did.”

It’s unclear at this stage whether Alex will keep his place in the starting XI when they line up against Ukraine on Friday.

Boss Marcello Lippi could opt for a new trident attack after testing Francesco Totti, Luca Toni and Pippo Inzaghi in training this morning even if he did praise Alex today.

“I admired the hard work which he put in, his participation during the highs and lows of the game,” stated the Coach on Thursday.

However, whoever plays on Friday will be doing so with a thought for Juventus team manager Gianluca Pessotto in their minds. “We will be playing for him,” concluded Del Piero.

Alex is a close friend of the former defender after playing alongside him for over a decade in Turin.

Del Piero, along with Gianluca Zambrotta and Ciro Ferrara, visited their former teammate in hospital on Tuesday following his fall from a window at the club’s headquarters.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
edpiero said:
“Playing in such a way you saw little of the real Del Piero, I was transformed into someone else. But I was still happy with what I did.”
Grande Alex ! :cool:

He was indeed transformed to a little bit "totti" but he wasn't that bad as him against the Czechs.... if he plays as a forward, we'll indeed see the real Del Piero !! :agree:

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
I want to see Ale playing in the starting eleven...
I want to see a good performance from him...
I want to see that Ale scores...
I want to hear the crowd yelling his name...
I want to see him celebrate...

I want to see how he dedicate it to our Gianluca Pessotto...

He will play! Forza il fantastico capitano Ale Del Piero!
Forza Pesso!

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Henry once said : "". A player can run and run for the team, do a lot of work but if he doesn't score a goal, then he's no good in Italy."

That's the thing... Lippi can field Del Piero in a wide/midfield/defensive role again and he can be very good but it won't help.

The best example is WC 1998 (after he came to with an injury... before he was supposed to be the number 1 star). Vieri was scoring all the goals, but Del Piero was always right near Vieri waiting for a rebound. He also assisted Vieri twice , once with a beautiful freekick, before Italy lost to France on penalties. It's likely considering Del Piero was scoring vital goals in Europe constantly , that he could score the vital goals in the final stages, and overall, he was all right... he could have been on fire. just those goals were missing. So everybody dissed him. This time the same with Toni. Del Piero needs to start scoring like he used to, this season too, like he knows how. At his best, really, how many better strikers are there than Del Piero ? 194 goals for Juve, 26 for Italy, the guy knows how to score ! I want to see goals ! So that his critics will shut up.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Do you have some more nice quotes about Del Piero ? :)

* Diego Armando Maradona: Talking about one hundered world footballers he says "Here he is, he is different from Zidane, he likes to play, he feels it in his soul; between he and the French (Zinedine Zidane), I stay with him." (From the book "Yo soy el Diego de la gente", Maradona's autobiography)

* Angelo Di Livio: "I've met Ale at the Primavera. And he was already a phenomenon. He was so brave that we forced the coach to make him debut at the main team". ((From La Gazzetta dello Sport. April 20, 2000)

* Carlo Ancelotti: "He is a world-class player who needs no introductions".

* Mauro Camoranesi: "He is an exceptional person and really doesn’t need to prove himself to anyone. Del Piero is a wonderful man and player."

* Adrian Mutu: "Alex is an example for all of us. He works hard in training without ever speaking out."

* Marcello Lippi: "Del Piero is a champion with extraordinary technical ability and wonderful characteristics. When he is selected he never disappoints. He is an example to us all." (November 9 2005, Coverciano Headquraters)

* Fabio Capello: "I believe in champions and Alex is a champion". And : "Del Piero is a player of very high quality and deserves his record". Because of having many strikers in the squad: "Sometimes I feel embarrassed at putting him on the bench."

* Frankie Dettori: "Del Piero is a true genius" (Sunday Mirror, June 16 2002).

* Mark Hughes: "Even though Del Piero may be well into his 30s now, he remains one of the great players".

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
Here is the summary...

DEL PIERO:

He likes to play
He feels it in his soul
He is a phenomenon
He is so brave
He is a world-class player who needs no introductions
He is an exceptional person and really doesn’t need to prove himself to anyone
He is a wonderful man and player
He is an example for all of us
He works hard in training without ever speaking out
He is a champion with extraordinary technical ability and wonderful characteristics
When he is selected he never disappoints
He is an example to us all
He is a player of very high quality
He is a true genius
He remains one of the great players

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
mnementh said:
* Fabio Capello: "I believe in champions and Alex is a champion". And : "Del Piero is a player of very high quality and deserves his record". Because of having many strikers in the squad: "Sometimes I feel embarrassed at putting him on the bench."
:disagree:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
mnementh said:
Do you have some more nice quotes about Del Piero ? :)

What a pretender:pumpkin: ...Go and bench a little bit of Ronaldo or Raul or Robinho on the bench!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)