Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (48 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
So I gotta ask who was more highly rate in the 90's, him or Zidane? And if Del Piero was rated higher why is he viewed as lower compared to other legends of that period like Ronaldo, Zidane?
there was a Del Piero pre Udine where he busted his knee and one after. A good one but not that Del Piero anymore.

Del Piero was highly rated since when he was 18yrs old while Zidane came to the world after that EL cup final between those 2 french teams.
But later on Zidane became more rated than Del Piero. Won Ballon d'Or,World Cup , Eu Cup and so on

May 23, 2013
there was a Del Piero pre Udine where he busted his knee and one after. A good one but not that Del Piero anymore.

Del Piero was highly rated since when he was 18yrs old while Zidane came to the world after that EL cup final between those 2 french teams.
But later on Zidane became more rated than Del Piero. Won Ballon d'Or,World Cup , Eu Cup and so on
So would you say pre injury Del Piero was better or worse than Zidane. I’ve heard he outshined Zidane during that time period and the team collapsed after the injury.....

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
So would you say pre injury Del Piero was better or worse than Zidane. I’ve heard he outshined Zidane during that time period and the team collapsed after the injury.....
They were both world class in the 97/98 season. Had Del Piero had fresh legs we'd most liekly won the CL. The biggest difference: one carried a team to the World championship, the other didn't.

What one needs to consider in terms of hype and being rated: one was a successful italian in Serie A, the other was a successful frenchman in Serie A.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Del Piero, kind of incredibly really, managed to turn around his game. Before his ACL tear he was an athlete, a phenomenon to behold. After that a lot of athleticism was gone. He never made the same cuts anymore, he was never as fast anymore. But he was still an incredible player and it shows you just how intelligent he was on a pitch.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Del Piero, kind of incredibly really, managed to turn around his game. Before his ACL tear he was an athlete, a phenomenon to behold. After that a lot of athleticism was gone. He never made the same cuts anymore, he was never as fast anymore. But he was still an incredible player and it shows you just how intelligent he was on a pitch.
you know what I missed the most from Alex after the acl tear? his curved shots from outside the penalty area...
Dunno if you noticed but after that injury... they were no more...
remember when they were called "shoots a la Del Piero"

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
you know what I missed the most from Alex after the acl tear? his curved shots from outside the penalty area...
Dunno if you noticed but after that injury... they were no more...
remember when they were called "shoots a la Del Piero"
:howler:

It was called "Zona Del Piero" and he kept scoring plenty of those until the end of his career.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
According to @MediasetTgcom24, Alessandro Del Piero & Sonia Amoruso have broken up. They were married for 19 years & have got 3 kids together. Sad to hear. Wish them both the best going forward. Forza Ale & Forza Sonia. @ADP1113

Damn

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
According to @MediasetTgcom24, Alessandro Del Piero & Sonia Amoruso have broken up. They were married for 19 years & have got 3 kids together. Sad to hear. Wish them both the best going forward. Forza Ale & Forza Sonia. @ADP1113

Damn

I can't say I've found Ale particularly likeable the past 2-3 years.

But I can imagine it is very tough adjusting to life after a career such as Del Piero's. And then there's the fact that during his career there were long periods in which he probably didn't even see his wife. Italian teams especially are famous for their "ritiri". Must be weird if you spent every waking hour together when your career is over.

Or, you know, he decided he wanted to fuck a 21 year old. Ale is a dude, so we can't exclude that possibility either :D.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I can't say I've found Ale particularly likeable the past 2-3 years.

But I can imagine it is very tough adjusting to life after a career such as Del Piero's. And then there's the fact that during his career there were long periods in which he probably didn't even see his wife. Italian teams especially are famous for their "ritiri". Must be weird if you spent every waking hour together when your career is over.

Or, you know, he decided he wanted to fuck a 21 year old. Ale is a dude, so we can't exclude that possibility either :D.
Just makes you think, if Ale can't keep it together, what hope have we?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Just makes you think, if Ale can't keep it together, what hope have we?
It is difficult. I don't think I am built for monogamy. I'd rather have sex with different women and be able to flirt with all of them. But at the same time I think a loving relationship with a woman is one of the best things a man can have. And I don't believe in open marriages at all. I think that just facilitates resentment and anger. All we can do is try I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)