Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (32 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It's ridiculous to think only defenders or defensive midfielders can be good coaches.

That being said, I'd really prefer him not to coach. But that's just because growing up I was a huge fan of his. Imagine he coaches Juventus and makes horrible decisions. I couldn't stand it.
Why? Of course there are exceptions to every rule and there are guys who're successful coaches and haven't even played professionally, but the lions share of nowadays elite coaches seem to be midfielders. Knowing crap all about their everyday routine, I'd be willing to bet that Xavi would make a better coach compared to Raul :p

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why? Of course there are exceptions to every rule and there are guys who're successful coaches and haven't even played professionally, but the lions share of nowadays elite coaches seem to be midfielders. Knowing crap all about their everyday routine, I'd be willing to bet that Xavi would make a better coach compared to Raul :p
It's just a very broad generalisation. I get that there are a few individuals who are just massively talented and they can't 'transfer' their genius to a group of players. I don't expect Messi to be a great coach, because he probably doesn't even understand why not everyone is a magician with the ball. But surely there are former strikers who are good coaches.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
In the CL quarters:

Four coaches were forwards: Valverde, Heynckes, Klopp (also a defender), Montella.

Four were midfielders: Guardiola, Zidane, Allegri, Di Francesco.

Among the most succesful coaches of all time. Plenty were forwards: Lattek, Hitzfeld, Ferguson, Cruyff, Michels, Clough.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It's just a very broad generalisation. I get that there are a few individuals who are just massively talented and they can't 'transfer' their genius to a group of players. I don't expect Messi to be a great coach, because he probably doesn't even understand why not everyone is a magician with the ball. But surely there are former strikers who are good coaches.
It's like saying Italy produces great coaches while UK doesnt. Or saying that South America can produce players with great flair while UK cannot. It's a broad generalization and it'll never be entirely true, but then again its expected that if DP, Raul, Xavi and Pirlo became coaches, the most succesful would be a midfielder. And its expected that the most breathtaking number 10 or number 7 after 10 years will be a latino not a brit. And it'd be a shitty idea for England to hire only Brittish coaches while it makes sense for Italy. that's just common footie bar knowledge, I really don't understand you trying to argue with facts against that :D

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
No he's right

We're doing the same thing Serie A team do against Juve and that's embarassing. We had a great game don't let the penalty call overshadows it

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No he's right

We're doing the same thing Serie A team do against Juve and that's embarassing. We had a great game don't let the penalty call overshadows it

No. If you accept injustice, you will be treated unfairly again and again. You have to stand up for your rights. To not do so is criminal.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
No. I respect Ale. And usually he says some really smart stuff. But lately it just reeks of him looking for some sort of job in football.
I think Ale told how he saw it. Saying it's a PK and that Buffon shouldn't have intervened isn't betrayal.

No disrespect, I think it's having distortions to think he was saying that for other means

And obviously he's going to be uncomfortable disagreeing with Buffon.

I get that some are angry and I was yesterday. However you should look at yourselves and behave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 26)