Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (160 Viewers)

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
http://en.alessandrodelpiero.com/news/a-good-beginning-makes-a-good-ending_384.html

A good beginning makes a good ending

Here in Sydney we are getting ready for the new championship. We are training hard to find the best form and to grow together in all senses, to continue our way started during the summer camp in Jesolo. On Sunday we'll be playing the last friendly match of this season, and our championship starts on the 1st of October: we'll do our best to be the protagonists right from the beginning and to leave behind all the negative experience of the last season, making a fresh start.

A good beginning makes a good ending, you know… it's important to start well, but also to keep up the pace right till the last decisive part of the season, that in Australia is a period of playoff. I'm the captain of the team and surely I feel the responsibility for this adventure, my expectations fully correspond to those of my team mates and our fans: we want to have a great season.

By the way, talking about captain and "a good beginning", even being far away, I still follow a championship in Italy and Champions League, I always know Juventus' results and not only… Roma and my friend Francesco have had a great beginning of this new season. I'm happy Francesco has renewed the contract with the team of his heart, that's where he wants to end his playing career.

I wish you to write a lot of more wonderful pages in your book of glory...

Good luck Francesco and above all… Happy Birthday!!!

Alessandro

PS mistakenly was looking for his thread in the Players Section, as usual.
I bet this hurted him when he wrote it. As it hurts us aswell.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 17, 2007
Sydney lose again, this time with Ale, 0-3 vs. Perth. The season starts in less than 2 weeks and it doesn't look good...

- - - Updated - - -

Claudio Marchisio appeared to have a pop at Juventus for forcing out Alessandro del Piero last year.

Marchisio was comparing Del Piero's situation to the support Francesco Totti is given at AS Roma.

“I’d love to be the Francesco Totti of Juventus. I won’t make comparisons on role or history, but I hope to end my career with this jersey,” Marchisio told the Corriere dello Sport.

“Is that what Alessandro Del Piero thought? We all know what happened. Francesco will be fortunate enough to terminate his career at Roma, but Alessandro’s Australian experience with Sydney cannot make anyone forget what he did for the Bianconeri.”

Tribalfootball.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I will never get over this. Imagine we could have still had DP coming from the bench an hour into the match and your heart skips a beat every time he touches the ball. Imagine him scoring a goal in the dying minutes of the match and the commentator screaming ALLLESSSANDDRROOOO DELPIEEERROOOO! and you screaming with him. Aaaaaaghhh WHY WHY!!:cry::cry:

Nov 17, 2012
It really is such a shame. Hope he comes back after retirement.
For some reason, I don't think that will happen; animosity is surely the only logical reasoning, for him being forced out (in the manner in which it occurred). He will live on as a bianconero in our hearts and our memories; however, between Conte, Angelli and whoever else in the background , whatever was the matter between them and Del Piero, I feel will be a nail in the coffin that will last a long time.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
It still makes me extremely sad that he no longer wears our jersey. I'll always remember the last time he lifted the Scudetto though, such magic and emotions, it had to be him who would lift our first Scudetto after farsopoli. He should have lifted the Coppa too, but ahh, well. Forza Ale.

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Just imagine if ale had stayed with us, played for 2 or 3 more years, and in his final match, he lifted the CL trophy :touched: I know its a loonnnggg shot, but that would have been incredible.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
For some reason, I don't think that will happen; animosity is surely the only logical reasoning, for him being forced out (in the manner in which it occurred). He will live on as a bianconero in our hearts and our memories; however, between Conte, Angelli and whoever else in the background , whatever was the matter between them and Del Piero, I feel will be a nail in the coffin that will last a long time.
Ale will either return to Juve in a directorial role, or be done with football for good.

gut feeling says the former.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I will never get over this. Imagine we could have still had DP coming from the bench an hour into the match and your heart skips a beat every time he touches the ball. Imagine him scoring a goal in the dying minutes of the match and the commentator screaming ALLLESSSANDDRROOOO DELPIEEERROOOO! and you screaming with him. Aaaaaaghhh WHY WHY!!:cry::cry:
That is exactly how i felt every time i watched him from around 1996. Every time he touched the ball my heart skipped a beat. When we where attacking no matter who had the ball my eyes where always on Ale, watching his runs and hoping he would receive a pass. When he was on the bench i constantly stared at the sideline to see if i could see him warming up or about to come on. When he played i thought of every reason why he should stay on the field hoping for him not to be substituted as he so often was in his later years with us. We could of been 4-0 up in a game and into stoppage time and i still would pray for an Ale goal or a piece of magic.. Thankfully he was that good that he rarely disappointed even when he didn't always play great games he always produced at least one Del Piero moment that no other player could produce... i lived for those moments of magic even if they only lasted a second they stayed in my mind for days and i would play them over and over again. Id do anything to feel like that again, when he left Juventus a great part of my love for football died but i still love Juve and still love the sport but nothing will ever compare to the sheer joy and excitement i got from watching Del Piero play in a Juve shirt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 152)