Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (109 Viewers)

Aug 2, 2005
Del Piero: A significant ScudettoBy Football Italia staff Alex Del Piero admits that he is still struggling to take in the emotion of having won the Scudetto and having said goodbye to the Juventus home support. The No 10, who is leaving the Turin outfit after 19 seasons this summer, scored on his final appearance at Juventus Stadium on Sunday, before then saying an emotional goodbye to the fans and at the final whistle lifting the club’s 28th official Scudetto trophy. “It was a day emblematic of what has been in my career,” reflected the player at a book launch on Monday. “I have yet to digest the emotion, it was a beautiful day, historical, intense and sad. It’s a significant Scudetto, for what has happened this year and for what has happened since 2006. “I play with passion, as we have seen. I play to win. Being able to score and win and to get a response like that, by the public, is the highlight for me. Contact and response from the people is what makes it more special. “Now we must think about the important event next Sunday. From tomorrow we will be preparing for this final, we want it all.”Juve face Napoli in the Coppa Italia final on Sunday in what will be Del Piero’s last appearance for the club.

Buy on AliExpress.com

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
I still feel that this is the perfect time for ale to leave, as a champion. However when agnelli made the statement months ago about ale's contract he had no idea where we would be at the end of the season. Meaning he would still kick ale out even if we finished 6th or 7th

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I still feel that this is the perfect time for ale to leave, as a champion. However when agnelli made the statement months ago about ale's contract he had no idea where we would be at the end of the season. Meaning he would still kick ale out even if we finished 6th or 7th
But why torture a hero like Ale and leave that dangling over his head with all that uncertainty looming? That would hardly be respectful of Del Piero.

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
Agreed, as sad as it is seeing our legend leave its the most fitting time for him to bow out by lifting the sweetest scudetto in our history. Imagine if he left last year after a very disappointing 7th finish. I know he wont get to experience CL one more time but at least we'll have him lifting the trophy as one of the last imagines at Juventus. Grazie Del Piero!

.....BUT before you leave you still have one more medal to collect next weekend ;)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Agreed, as sad as it is seeing our legend leave its the most fitting time for him to bow out by lifting the sweetest scudetto in our history. Imagine if he left last year after a very disappointing 7th finish. I know he wont get to experience CL one more time but at least we'll have him lifting the trophy as one of the last imagines at Juventus. Grazie Del Piero!

.....BUT before you leave you still have one more medal to collect next weekend ;)
And what a way to christen the legacy of our new stadium too. :agree:

Stadio Del Piero has a nice ring to it. :D

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I heard there is a law or something in Italy that forbids naming buildings after living people, which is absolutely ridiculous! I'm still not sure if it's real or just a joke.

1- Stadio Alessandro Del Piero
or
2- Stadio Gianni Agnelli

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Maybe in the future we will get a star player like a messi, who will be in the top of the world and be revered by every single being on the globe...

But i seriously seriously doubt.... that any player will ever be able to get even near to the player and the man del piero is. He is just too much. He is heavenly

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Maybe in the future we will get a star player like a messi, who will be in the top of the world and be revered by every single being on the globe...

But i seriously seriously doubt.... that any player will ever be able to get even near to the player and the man del piero is. He is just too much. He is heavenly
It's not just about the numbers Del Piero set. Ale is, without a doubt, the classiest and greatest captain ever. We won't get another Del Piero again.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
As much of a legend as Del Piero is, I think it would be more proper to name the stadium after Agnelli (not Andrea).
I heard there is a law or something in Italy that forbids naming buildings after living people, which is absolutely ridiculous! I'm still not sure if it's real or just a joke.

1- Stadio Alessandro Del Piero
or
2- Stadio Gianni Agnelli
Sounds right. Gianni Agnelli it is.

No reason to wish death on Del Piero. :p

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
I'm basically going to pretend like he is still on this team for atleast the next five years. i.e putting his name on new jerseys, transferring him back to juve in fifa. photoshopping him into next years scudetto celebrations. It just seems easier this way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)