Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (87 Viewers)

Aug 17, 2007
atahe guy was probably flat out busy all week and shattered after the emotion and stress of having to make a speech infront of all them fans and legends can't say much about his performance means nothing.
:tup:

Don't care much about his performance tonight. Bad performance, no doubt about that, but that was a special night and those 45 mintues aren't that important, and for sure not so important to criticize him like some guys here did. Very emotional, exciting event, what a great speech that was by Ale. I wanted him to shine on the pitch, but he didn't, and that's ok too. He almost didn't play football for the last week- There was a pretty long break of training because of the International break, he had that Golf charity match and I guess he spent some time to work on his performance in the ceremony.

Let's hope we'll see Pre-season's Ale vs. Parma.

Forza Capitano!!! Score the first official goal in our new home!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Just hearing him talk--even though I didn't know what he was saying--was so moving for me. This man defines class.
Man.. you must've felt the same as me when that spotlight aimed at the middle of the pitch and Ale was standing there. I didn't understand a word, but.. damn, I felt emotional.

Aug 17, 2007
Ok Ok, here it is:

"Ciao tutti! you see this bench? That's what great about Golf. Sitting on the bench doesn't mean you're out of form, it's just not your turn to shot. and this yellow ball? it's 50 times the size of the nice,little golf ball. That's for all those who wonder why I love playing golf. and now Il Presidente Boniperti!".

I almost cried last night...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)