Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (234 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Mexes is such a motherfucker.
That would have been a very soft pen.

Start giving penalties for that and you'll end up giving a dozen penalties per game.

I don't see why Taddei wasn't booked for his two hacks at Del Piero's calf/achillies at the end of the first half.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
That would have been a very soft pen.

Start giving penalties for that and you'll end up giving a dozen penalties per game.

I don't see why Taddei wasn't booked for his two hacks at Del Piero's calf/achillies at the end of the first half.
Not only because of the "penalty". He has always been a prick.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Not to be biased or anything, but it did look as though he was winding up for the kick when Mexes tugged his shirt.
Not to be biased, but I'm going to be biased, you mean. :D

Del Piero had his back to goal and there was no real danger of him doing anything significant.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He does it all the time, trying to win us soft free kicks. And we can't blame him. He knows that there is almost no other way this team to create chances and break defenses so he's trying to win us set pieces through his reputation.
Unfortunately this year refs in Italy were instructed not to interfere with the game too much and call the softer fouls, so most of the time Del Piero ends up on the ground without winning a free kick.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He does it all the time, trying to win us soft free kicks. And we can't blame him. He knows that there is almost no other way this team to create chances and break defenses so he's trying to win us set pieces through his reputation.
Very true.

Really bugs me when players try to use their reputation to their advantage.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
How was that a soft pen? He committed a foul in the box, rules are rules. The mofo picked him up and slammed him down, why doesn't everyone start doing that now since it's not a certain penalty?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
How was that a soft pen? He committed a foul in the box, rules are rules. The mofo picked him up and slammed him down, why doesn't everyone start doing that now since it's not a certain penalty?
Do you want penalties given for the seventeen time in the game that a set-piece was put in the box and there was shirt pulling?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Law 12 of the Fifa 'Laws of the Game' states that 'a direct free kick [or penalty] is awarded to the opposing team if a player holds an opponent.'

Shirt pulling during a set piece can be harder to punish because players from both teams are doing it, and sometimes the ball is nowhere even near. Mexes however, picked DP up and slammed him down when he had the ball. Imo it was a definite penalty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 225)