Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (52 Viewers)

Jul 5, 2006
from official site..

July, 10th 2008

The last days before my comeback to Turin.

Actually, already next week I will take up the training with the rest of my team-mates.

I'm really looking forward to start working again for the new season, which is about to begin and I hope it will be better and more satisfying, compared to the last one.
See you soon.
Alessandro
..***..

Jul 5, 2006
from official site..

July 15th, 2008

Olympic Games in Pechin are only less month away from now, followed by Paraolympic Games in September, and my thought is going to all my friends, colleagues and Italian athletes who will participate in this event.

Best wishes to Antonio Rossi, the Head of our Olympic Team, to Federica Pellegrini, Loris Facci, Luca Marin, Tania Cagnotto, Stefano Baldini, Giovanna Trillini, Diego Confalonieri e Margherita Grambassi. I was happy to meet all of them in the last years.

Not to forget Fabrizio Macchi e Roberto La Barbera, athletes and personalities who have great will and fighting spirit to compete in Paraolimpyc Games; Gigi Casiraghi, all Italian National football Team and my team-mates Paolo De Ceglie, Claudio Marchisio e Sebastian Giovinco.

To all of them and to all the athletes who will represent Italy I wish to honour our country, to win and to communicate the values of sport to people.

I still remember the emotions of winter Olympic Games 2006 in Turin, the pride of carrying the olympic flame and the satisfaction of seeing the Italians having won 11 olympic medals after two enthusiastic week.

Good luck, guys! Have a nice journey and let the dreams come true!

Alessandro
..***..

Mel0627

Jul 13, 2008

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
Juve Supporters Abandon Del Piero
Juventus fans have been selecting their preferred starting XI for next season, and there is no place for symbolic captain Alessandro Del Piero.
»Comments (16) Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us galleria zoom The readers of Juventus fan website VecchiaSignora.com have been having their say again ahead of the new season.

With Claudio Ranieri and the club hierarchy having announced that the summer spending, barring a reserve goalkeeper, is now over, the supporters have been voting for who should be in their preferred starting XI.

Unsurprisingly, Buffon is chosen as goalkeeper, with Chiellini winning most votes in defence (25%), partnered by Legrottaglie (17%), with Grygera at right back (11.5%) and De Ceglie on the other side (12.5%).

In midfield, Sissoko wins the most votes (25%), with Zanetti as his right hand man, the veteran boasting a narrow 1.5% advantage (15.5% to 14%) over new signing Poulsen.

On the flanks Camoranesi has a monopoly on the right (17%), with 36-year-old veteran Nedved (11.5%) on the left.

The remainder of the midfielders only picked up a handful of votes; Marchionni (0.5%), Giovinco from trequartista (4%), Tiago (1.5%) or Marchisio (1.5%).

The biggest talking point is upfront where symbolic captain Del Piero (29%) is snubbed in favour of a forward partnership of Trezeguet (35%) and Amauri (30%). Fourth attacker Iaquinta picked up just a miserly 3% of the votes.

Gianni Wilson
:crazy: :frown: :faq2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 45)