Igor Tudor (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Well all of us know that Tudor was in juve for a good amount of time now. In the begining of this year juve gave him a surprising contract renewal , which was very strange to us, cuz he under performed last year, and he couldnt secure a starting position when the juve defence needed him.

However this year he played some good matches for Croatia , which shows he got something in him he just needs time.The other day i was watching the juve-depor match a couple of yrs time when he scored that goal that got us through, and i saw the juve-madrid game in the semi's and he played a fantastic game.

So he has potential , and he is not very old.
The thing with tudor is that we know he was a good sub. defender in the past, but can we rely on him the future to hold a defence firm ?

can he be the future of the juve defense ?He has to prove it this year

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Tudor was hit was so many injuries in the past 3 years that made it so hard for him to settle.

Just a couple of points:
*He had a terrible Euro2004.
*He didn't settle in defense last year and the year before because of injuries and the constant rotation of players.
*Playing him at DM didn't help him either, which IMO wasn't fair at all. A player returning from injury needs to find constance by playing his usual role, not a new role.

In 2000 and 2001 under Ancelotti, Tudor was Juve's best defender. He was a starter and played well even when he played RB. He showed what he's worth. He was croatia's most important player at that period too.

He got his contract extended because Juve know what he's capable of. The trick is to keep him injury-free.

I wish him all the luck.

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
me too.. tudor as u said sateeh is currently a great sub ... so extending his contract isnt that bad ... he is young ..creative (sometimes).... and a hero in his country

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
full fit and in form, he is a gem of a defender. but he isnt looking like he is showing that form and fitness anymore.

i think having him as a sub is more than fine, but its obvious that he has to start showing that he is over his injuries.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
juve extended his contract with pay cut ,, the poor guy went to england and couldn't find a team to offer him the contract he wanted .

he can improve with good rotation system and sticking to centeral defender role Only , he sucked big time as a midfielder

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I really don't think its worth relying on him any more. He looks like a blundering oaf whenever he plays. Take the game against Lecce. We were comfortable until he came on then the last 10 minutes were nerve wracking. He looked absolutely useless!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
nevertheless he's still a good defender who has,surprisingly,sweeper abilities and quick thinking despite his large frame and seemingly slow pace.a huge threat from set pieces-he once scored a total of 8 goals in a season- and nearly unbeatable in man-on and aerial situations.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
juve extended his contract with pay cut ,, the poor guy went to england and couldn't find a team to offer him the contract he wanted .

he can improve with good rotation system and sticking to centeral defender role Only , he sucked big time as a midfielder
It will be hard to use the rotation system since Thuram and Canna's defence partnership has been working very well, conceding only 4 goals. But IMO Tudor should get the chance to play if 1 of them r injured/retire/dip of form. By den Tudor will be useful.

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
I've always liked Tudor.
He's a good defender, but since he's tall he can score headers from corners, so is useful in the front as well. I'd like him to stay at Juve until he retires.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
even if we get rid of him we're not gonna get a world class centreback to fill the bench are we?as far as i'm concerned he's good enough to warm the sub's bench and i'd rather we stick with him since he's adapted to juve and the Italian game,instead of risking an unproven player.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
the thing about tudor is that he needs to play more to develop ,, he is not expierienced like ferrar to use him as a sub ,, he needs to grow confidence , loan him out or sell him end of the story , i think he will fit in th EPL maybe with blacburn or bolton but if he diceded to say he must play to develop there is no other way

OP
sateeh

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    Yeah i agree juvelover, however i dont think loaning him out this season is the key. We need him this season, cuz basically we can't depend on the likes of legro and montero.

He will get his chance this season

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Tudor better than Leggrotaglie? Don't agree. But nevertheless, I think Tudor still has something to offer Juve.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    what does he have to be exactly to stay?Alessandro Nesta?

He's a sub for god's sake.just because there are better defenders out there doesn't mean we have to get them for the sake of spending.he's good enough and that's what matters.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    yeah. Tudor can be rocksolid. Just like the game Swe - Cro. The swedes didnt have much to do against a defence like that. Tudor were magnificent. Better than Nesta in that game! Rocksolid. If he can come up to that standard more often in Juventus, he will be really useful :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)