Igor Tudor? (1 Viewer)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
should we keep this guy?
after the game yesterday between France and Croatia I'm not so sure.

Croatia should have won the game but Tudor didn't let them to do it.
first he scored an own goal. alright, it could be forgiven (Tudor is an expert in that matter. he scored a stupid own goal against Real Sociedad and almost an own goal against Man Utd).
he almost scored another own goal in the end of the match.

now the second error cannot be forgiven. such a lazy weak pass back to the keeper. no no I mean Trezeguet :wallbang: This goal was only his fault.
another stupid thing is that he fouled his teammate Giovanni Rosso :D

this guy is clumsy :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Yes, I saw it and felt for the guy. Seemed like he couldn't do many things right yesterday, even though he played pretty good except for his major mistakes.

Still, I care for him very much as a player, and he's certainly better than most of our other defenders. With Ciro getting old he's probably our best CB IMO.

If we sell him one day it should be because of his injuries, not the way he plays. I hope he manages to get the injures under control.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I agree with Torkel here, it's hardly fair to judge Tudor after only one match. He was constantly injured this season and hasnt played two games in a row for months now, he was unlucky to be thrown right into the fire against France. I bet he would have been better had he played against Switzerland. Anyways, I dont think he was really at fault at the first goal, hthe ball barely touched him, it's one of those things that can happen to anyone and that have happened to better players than him. As for the second goal, he probably thought that lazy-ass Trezeguet wouldnt run after it :D But the keeper was at fault too, he had to kick the ball to the side, for a throw in.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, but had he kicked it to the side it wouldnt have mettered where Trezeguet was, hence it wasnt a perfect kick.

Jul 28, 2002
i feel sorry for igor, he has to be the most injury prone player ever, he isone of the best, when he is fully fit, but he hasnt ben fully fit for ages, in fact at least 2 years, so he must be loosing some of his abilty....if he doesnt regain some form of fitness, i would make hi a reserve player or sell him , we cant relly on some one who is constantly injured.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Apparantly, by UEFA laws the fact that he played with his hand is irrellevant, what is important is whether he did it on purpose (hand to ball), or if it was accidental while his hand was in a "natural" position (ball to hand).

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Apparantly, by UEFA laws the fact that he played with his hand is irrellevant, what is important is whether he did it on purpose (hand to ball), or if it was accidental while his hand was in a "natural" position (ball to hand).
If the hand is in natural position it doesn't matter if the ball touches the arm. But if the ball touches the arm so that it affects the play game should be stopped. If it was intentional he should be warned.

OP
JuveCampione

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    it wasn't a natural position though. Trezeguet's hand was raised and there was a very good chance that the ball would hit the hand because of that.

it was ball to hand situation, and from a zero range, but Trezeguet's "helped" it to be like that, so it's illegal I think.

btw, at Juve it would be a perfect move :D trezeguet is doing a good movement, and Tudor giving him a perfect pass. maybe he thought it's Juve not Croatia :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Yeah, I personaly agree, his hand helped him score the goal and the goal should be dissalowed. BUT, I heard a few UEFA licensed refs explaining it, and it's all about intention. And, according to them, Trezes hand was in a natural position. It was raised, but it's normal that the arms move back and forth when you're running, and the fact is that he turned his face away from the ball, yet another piece of evidence that it was unintentional.

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
    I saw the first half where Tudor was dominating in defence, he was the one who cleared all the balls.
    He did score an own goal but ok it wasn't much of an error reall that just unlucky.

I didn't see the second half, though i saw the goal and it was a quite big error.

As i said though his first half appearance was very good.

River

Jun 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

If the hand is in natural position it doesn't matter if the ball touches the arm. But if the ball touches the arm so that it affects the play game should be stopped. If it was intentional he should be warned.
    Its clear it wasnt intentional and Trez couldnt have moved his hand away in time if he wanted to.

And yes ball to hand is when the ball hit his hand where it was. Hand to ball is moving your hand in the way of the ball.

It was definately lucky. But wouldnt be an option to dissallow that goal because of that.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i think even before this tournament he had a big question mark over his head as to whether keep him or not. i remember Ajax being interested in him when moggi was rumoured to be after Zlatan or van der vaart.

i think his time is over at juve, injury prone and hasnt been playing good football over the past few seasons. i say use him as bait.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)