[ICC] JUVENTUS 2-3 Tottenham [July 21st, 2019] (13 Viewers)

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Our 1st half defense was tragic, not just the players, the set up too. The first minutes were like pre-Conte Era revisited.
Buffon still has it. Still better than Sce. Once he retires for good, we must find a guy that doesn't concedes shoots from the middle of the field...
Bonucci must be sold, so long we keep him, we will keep conceding stupid goals, he can't play in a 4 man defense, even if he minimize his trademark tragic errors, in a 2CB set up, both need to do a lot of defensive work and even cover for the others, let alone can't handle themselves.
De Ligt is good, will flourish here, but mistakes will be made. We should have signed Godin too, for this year and the next.
I am afraid that Chie is practically finished, he loses more than half the season, due to minor yet repeated injuries.
Our wing backs were catastrophic too.
De Sciglio never got past serie B football and Cancelo never realised that wingbacks are 25% of the defense...
The midfield is as tragic as they were in the pervious years, i expect Ramsey to help as he did today, if we still have some cash left, this is where we should invest them!!
The offense produced 2 goals, Berna being average as always in such games, CR7 did his job, Mario has reached China age, yet Higgy stole the show.

This match proves that we need more an SMS, rather than what Icardi has over Higgy.
The teams needs a lot of time to train and learn each other and their roles.
The first few months will be hard on the eye, we will lose more than we are used to...
Serious question, do you have a form of autism?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You expected something else?

After one week of training and 90 minutes of football we should be in prime physical and tactical condition.
It was actually a fun match for a pre season game, plenty of goals and open possession play. No matter they barely trained, new coach and new players. Especially 2nd half it was interesting to see how quickly Sarri has effected the passing game, saw some very well drilled quick 1-2 combos that unlocked space often.

But looking forward to more personnel changes, Matuidi and Mandzu engaging in these type of play will be incompatible and cause raging frustration lol. Even if Matuidi improved at this later.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #423
    It was actually a fun match for a pre season game, plenty of goals and open possession play. No matter they barely trained, new coach and new players. Especially 2nd half it was interesting to see how quickly Sarri has effected the passing game, saw some very well drilled quick 1-2 combos that unlocked space often.

But looking forward to more personnel changes, Matuidi and Mandzu engaging in these type of play will be incompatible and cause raging frustration lol. Even if Matuidi improved at this later.
    The open possession kind of games are the best to get you into shape more quickly. You work harder.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
    I watched us lose 0-3 to LA Galaxy the July before we took Serie A for 102 points. Preseason is nothing.

Remember last time we lost to Tottenham in preseason (badass had a pathetic meltdown :lol3:) then went to the CL final?
    Tottenham fans brought this up before we defeated them in Champions League knockouts :lol3:

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #426
    So one year we managed to have someone score arguably the best CL goal of all time against us.

Now we managed to get arguably the best goal of the ICC scored against us too.

:p

Prototype

Oct 22, 2009
    I watched us lose 0-3 to LA Galaxy the July before we took Serie A for 102 points. Preseason is nothing.

Remember last time we lost to Tottenham in preseason (badass had a pathetic meltdown :lol3:) then went to the CL final?
    We beat Tottenham in 2016/17 preseason and went to final, next season lost to them 2-0, not went to final, but eliminated them in R16.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    :tup:

I watched the highlights and I am satisfied. Normally we suck ass in these intercontinental preseason tours and here we came up toe to toe with a side much further along in its preseason preparations

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    I liked the defensive shape when we were set up to defend. Obviously we got raped on counters. I liked the narrow back line and the CBs watching the ball and playing a good trap. I thought they looked comfortable. Bonucci looked good playing like this. Of course, he still found a way to inexplicably leave Kane unmarked for a free header so you have that problem still to deal with.

I liked the balls in behind even though it seemed like every single one was offside. The wingers drifted more inside and higher in the 2nd half to give tons of room for the fullbacks and even MDS was able to provide an assist with that space.

I liked the higher press. There were a couple times where they played it over the top and had comfortable take downs in front of the defence and that is a bit worrisome. I think that is a symptom of Bonucci/Rugani not being able to press and recover though.

It's quickly become apparent that you need all 11 players in order to play this style because it's really a division of labour almost. One weak link and it's all over. Matuidi has no chance I feel. Emre Can is questionable as well as a B2B. Mandzukic could not receive a single pass to help get through Spurs' press.

I feel as if it's a certainty that we will concede more counter goals than we're used to just based on misplaced passes. More possession + more chances of misplaced passes. I don't know if it will be 1% more or 5% more or 10% more but it will be more.

I desperately want to see Kean, Dybala and Costa get their chance though.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #436
    It’s pre season. But that Kane goal was tasty
    Tasty like an iced cold can of Don't Get Sloppy in the Middle With Possession?

Fresh brewed with the finest Sarriball harvest. Aged perfectly with youth and experience. :baus:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)