[ICC] JUVENTUS 2-3 Tottenham [July 21st, 2019] (6 Viewers)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I know this was only a pre season match but I cant help but once again feel that this team needs 1 more world class midfielder to be truly competitive in Europe. Someone like Pogba would really make a big difference.

De Ligt already made me feel more at ease three first time I saw him play in our shirt. Great signing and also Demiral.

Want Higuain to stay. Mandzukic should make way.

Mar 24, 2006
It was actually a fun match for a pre season game, plenty of goals and open possession play. No matter they barely trained, new coach and new players. Especially 2nd half it was interesting to see how quickly Sarri has effected the passing game, saw some very well drilled quick 1-2 combos that unlocked space often.

But looking forward to more personnel changes, Matuidi and Mandzu engaging in these type of play will be incompatible and cause raging frustration lol. Even if Matuidi improved at this later.
I was in the game , the game was pretty intense particularly at the 2nd half , they will only getting better by the time.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Enjoyable pre-season run out.

Looks like the Juve players are buying in to Sarri's methods. Plenty of pressing and passing out from the back. De Light looks like he'll slot well into that system. I did think Juve looked vulnerable to the counter as the pressing game does require considerable physical fitness, positional awareness and mobility from the midfield. The gap between the lines of attack and defence were just too large - especially in the first half - leaving Spurs with too much space and control. Always had the option of a punt into midfield when we were pressed at the back. Not sure that Can and Matuidi can exist in a Sarri system but Rabiot should and so will Ramsey.

Also enjoyed seeing our ten Academy Graduates get a run out against quality opponents. Much better for their development to play against Juve than, say, a Nottingham Forest. Some of them a bit hit and miss but impressed with Troy Parrot's application up front (17 yo) and Tanganga at CB (20). It's only a friendly of course but it will have done them the world of good to have played against Ronaldo etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)