Ibrahim Afellay (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Are there any good players playing in Holland at the moment?
I cant think of any player in the Dutch league at the moment that could play for a top4 club in England, Spain or Italy (Huntelaar neither).

The level in Holland seems to be dropping every year. There aren't even that many youngsters with potential, something the Dutch league was famous for.

Sulejmani, Dembele and Wijnaldum are the only ones I can think of at the moment who might have a bright future.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Fair enough.

I don't watch much Dutch football, but it always seems to me that Dominic is a bit harsh on Dutch players.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Fair enough.

I don't watch much Dutch football, but it always seems to me that Dominic is a bit harsh on Dutch players.
Dutch players are quality though, i dont know about the dutch league, but Van Persie, Sneider, Robben and Van Nistelrooy are all class players that would probably start in most teams in Europe.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
There is no question that Holland has produced countless top class players in the past.

The question is whether there is another bunch of potentially world class players about to appear in Holland.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Affelay is a good player, but not quite there yet.

Huntelaar is not having the best of seasons, but i'm sure he'd do well at any big club.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I like Affellay as well, but I'm not sure why someone would purchase him in January. (Cup tied)
Well, if PSV end up 4th in their CL group (meaning: no euro football for them this year) it'll be easier to get him. He won't mind not playing in Europe with Juve because he's not going to play in Europe with any other team anyway. Being cup-tied may mean that he'll be less expensive and yet less teams will be after him.

It adds to squad depth and if he's a quality player then that will help the coach rotate two quality players and rest one of them for CL.

Milan did the same with Ronaldo back in 2007 when they won CL. Ronaldo was cup tied and he couldn't play in CL but he was extremely helpful to Ancelotti because he was scoring in serie A and allowing Inzaghi the much needed rest for CL (plus, the risk Inzaghi to be injured was lowered that way).
If Milan didn't have Ronaldo back then and if Inzaghi was forced to play both serie A and CL, who knows what would've happened. It's very possible that Milan wouldn't have won CL and they'd have ended up 5th in serie A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)