Ibra escapes video evidence ban (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>General</b><br><br>Zlatan Ibrahimovic will be available for the Serie A clash with Fiorentina after video evidence of his misconduct against Treviso was deemed inadmissible.

There were fears that the Juventus star would receive a ban after he was caught on camera throwing the ball at Marcello Cottafava, striking him on the back of the head, during Sunday’s 3-1 victory.

However, as referee Salvatore Racalbuto noted the incident in his report, video evidence cannot be used. The official saw the move and considered it unlikely to cause harm.

This is not the first time Sweden’s Player of the Year has found himself in this position. Last season he was banned for three matches after swinging an arm at Inter stopper Ivan Cordoba – an incident that the match official missed at the time.

If he had been given a ban, Ibrahimovic would’ve missed this weekend’s showdown with Fiorentina at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

“Ibrahimovic has remarkable technique,” noted Viola hitman Luca Toni. “Marco van Basten was more complete, but the Swede is improving all the time. It won’t be easy to keep him under control, but I have faith our defence can do it.”

By a bizarre twist of fate, these two arch rivals will face off twice in the space of three days, meeting in the Coppa Italia on Thursday evening and in Serie A on Sunday afternoon.

“We do not have the pressure of a Scudetto on our shoulders, so we’ll face Juventus the same way we took on Milan,” said Toni.

“We really want to do well in this game, and in the Coppa Italia, of course. As soon as I set foot in Florence, the fans let me know this was the most important match of the season.”

Ibrahimovic may have avoided a ban, but nine other top flight players have been suspended for the Week 14 games: Falsini (Siena), Alberto (Siena), Fini (Ascoli), Ficini (Empoli), Mexes (Roma), Camorani (Lecce), Corradi (Parma), Castellini (Sampdoria), D’Anna (Chievo).<br><br>Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Thank the lord....Z man doesnt bite the dust this time...Capello should sit him down and have a father-son talk to str8tin his ass out....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)