I need help ASAP (1 Viewer)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Heres the deal:

I gotta move my computer to another place because there is some work going on in my house and it cannot be used where it is right now. I have a broadband internet connection and the cable isnt long enough to reach the new place. What can I do so I can connect it to the Internet? I thought about getting another cable and connecting an end to the broadband cable and the other end to the computer.

Also, whats the name of the broadband port/cable?

Thanks a lot for your help, its appreciated.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
What kind of cable is it fabi?

Is it a thin-ish cable with two plastic connectors at the ends? Or is it a thick-ish black one with metal connectors?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Is it a thin-ish cable with two plastic connectors at the ends? Or is it a thick-ish black one with metal connectors?
great termonoligy ;)

OP
Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5

Yes, like a phone cable but the end to connect it to the computer is wider

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

Yes, like a phone cable but the end to connect it to the computer is wider
    yeah... if that's the type of cable you want to get an extension for, then you can. any computer hardware store should have longer cables and adapters to conncect multiple cables together.

That cable is called an RJ-45. and you can get an adapter for it to connect another one. :)

OP
    Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

yeah... if that's the type of cable you want to get an extension for, then you can. any computer hardware store should have longer cables and adapters to conncect multiple cables together.

That cable is called an RJ-45. and you can get an adapter for it to connect another one. :)
    Wonderful, because thats what I did, but the adapter and the other cable were for a phone line and didnt work

Thanks a lot!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    what did u mean by the whole authority thing? Sounds like you're winding me up again Bes :boxing::)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

What, am I meant to ask if she has RJ-45 Category 5 Unshielded Twisted Pair patch cable or hybrid fibre coax? :wallbang::)
    My statement was a compliment actually. you took your audience into consideration. my wink meant that i know why you did say that.

Take a chill pill. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)