I know yous hate me going on about LFC but what can I say? Harry Kewell (1 Viewer)

Mullarkey

Jun 2, 2003
Oh Harry Kewell, Harry Harry Harry Kewell, Harry Harry Harry Kewell, kewell, Oh Harry Kewell , Harry Harry Harry Kewell

I am over the moon with this signing he is one of the best players around and for such a cheap price.

what do you guys think of him as a player?

sorry for going on about LFC just a little excited.

thanks

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Harry Kewl is such an exellent player and to go for that amount of money is just wrong! i'd love if juve bought him but he is not juve material. I do not understand what Leeds are doing to themselve they should be a shamed of the way they have been acting in the transfer market the last few years.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
I can't really understand why his prize was that low. I mean the market isn't all that dead. I mean Chivu is not 10 million dollars better than him.
Perhaps it was his salary that scared the clubs :undecide:
Anyone who knows how high it was?

OP

Mullarkey

Jun 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    we have got a gem of a player, seriously for anyone who hasnt seen him he is better then beckham.

cant wait for season to start now.

lfc can we win the league? I dont know I really hope so I was only a kid last time we won it, cant even remember, I am desperate to win it.

we have balance in our team now and fingers crossed that juve win the league and the champions league and liverpool win the league and the uefa cup

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I don't know if you can win it, but with United lacking a beckham replacement, arsenal not buying anyone, you have a great chance.

I don't hate your team anymore, kewell is a fantastic player, you should be able to play some good football now :cool:

Kewell and Owen will be too much for most teams

OP

Mullarkey

Jun 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    I was talking with my friends in the pub the other day and we all agreed that we were lacking a creative player in midfield we actualy have got one of the best there is now and for such a small fee means we probley have money to sign one or two others as well. We also discussed that if we are to mount a serious title challange then Murphy and Carragher cant be classed as regulars in the side.

in reply to zambrotta Kewell only had a year left on his contract.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Mullarkey ] ++
    I was talking with my friends in the pub the other day and we all agreed that we were lacking a creative player in midfield we actualy have got one of the best there is now and for such a small fee means we probley have money to sign one or two others as well. We also discussed that if we are to mount a serious title challange then Murphy and Carragher cant be classed as regulars in the side.
    you're right there. Many people were praising murpy last year, but to be honest I haven't seen all that much in him to think he should start for liverpool.

Still need another winger though methinks, assuming kewell will play left mid. Hamann gerrard is great in the middle, you got a solid defence too, its looking good

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Can I get in between here for a second? I'd like to know what the situation with Jerzy Dudek is, haven't heard anything about that for a while now - are Liverpool hanging on to him?

OP

Mullarkey

Jun 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    yeah big talking point at anfield. Dudek (dude as he is known locally) finished last season as number 1, only because Chris Kirkland (future england no1 possibley for euro 2004) got injured, I think if Kirkland wins the No 1 shirt for the start of next season we could see the last of Dudek.

Dudek was excellent in his first season but had a terrible time last season.

Montero, I Think El Hadji Diouf will play on the right, he is a good player it will just take a little time to adapt to the english game I think he finished last season very well and could be a surprise package this season. fingers crossed because the fans love him.

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
    This is a good signing for Liverpool, now they just need another 7 or 8 players and a new manager and they will have a great chance to qualify for the CL.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Mullarkey ] ++
    we have got a gem of a player, seriously for anyone who hasnt seen him he is better then beckham.
    Don't know about that .. the player has certainly got amazing pace and great ball skills but he usually struggles in the big stage .. and that's why I think he refused to join Man Utd, Arsenal, or even Barca ..

He struggled for much of last season .. only showing glimpses of cynical form towards the end of the season, probably to convince suitors of his abilities .. he is also injury-prone as he missed probably Leeds best run of form when they reached the memorable Champions League semifinal stages in 2001 without him .. he also missed many other important matches due to his different injuries ..

Kewell also struggled with Australia when he abandoned the wide midfield role to play in his more coveted central one .. and most notabely was the shameful display in the World Cup play-off against Uruguay when people weren't even sure if he was on the pitch that day !!

But I think Kewell could really put that behind him and look forward to his new experience with Liverpool .. he will certainly be put under the microscope and after Diouf flopped last season he better show his worth for Houllier's sake !!

This would be good for the EPL .. as the powers are slowly being distributed evenly between the top teams .. now that Liverpool and are Chelsea supposedly right on the backs of Arsenal and Man Utd ..

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    I read in the soccerage Kewell was essentially "tapped" hence why he moved to Liverpool for 5m pound, 2m of which went to the agent.
    If that is found true, I think FIFA should investigate the situation and fine Liverpool, Kewell's agent and Kewell substantial amount of money for a breach of regulation, if I correctly remember forbids such conduct.
    While FIFA intends to kick out racism, and violence on the pitch, IMO, just as alarming matter is stamping out illegal and admittingly annoying transfer activities by the agents and clubs.
    This is not just confined to EPL. I am pretty sure basic deal was agreed between Beckam and Real way before the deal was concluded, and Figo himself admitted he agreed to join Real during the Perez's election campaign hence he was illegal tapped.
    If teams want to buy players, contact the respective club first and once the deal has been agreed then they can talk to the players. As for the agents, if they are found trying to sell off their agent to other clubs in such manner that is detrimental to the team, then they should be evicted of their licensce, subject to heavy fine, and ban to manage players for couple of years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)