I badly need help with connecting digicam to computer! (1 Viewer)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Hi Sarah. Looks like you have not installed the camera drivers or the drivers are corrupted. Insert the CD that came with the camera then click on the Drivers Tab, click update drivers, select Search for suitable driver for my device, select CD-ROM drive and click next. Windows should search & update the drivers & your problems will be done with.
I hope this helps.

OP
Sarah_old

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Thanks Ali, but I tried that...it still gives the above problem. Does that mean the drivers that come with the CD is corrupted?

OP
    Sarah_old

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    Great, I uninstalled every single thing and start again from sratch...seems to work now...

...but it screwed up my scanner!! :wallbang::wallbang::wallbang:

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sarah ] ++
    Thanks Ali, but I tried that...it still gives the above problem. Does that mean the drivers that come with the CD is corrupted?
    It may also mean that that is not the right driver.

Great, I uninstalled every single thing and start again from sratch...seems to work now...

...but it screwed up my scanner!! :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:
    It could also mean there is a conflict between the scanner & the camera. Try unistalling & doing a fresh installation for the scanner only.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I think Ali's right, sounds like a conflict to me. What ports do the scanner and camera plug into; are they both USB?

Try going to the manufacturers' websites for the respective hardware and download the latest drivers from there; I hardly ever use the drivers that come on the CD, as they're usually outdated

OP
    Sarah_old

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    Both are on USBs. I think you guys are right that both devices have conflicting drivers. I can only use one at a time for now :wallbang: If I want to use the scanner, I have to shut down, plug out the camera, plug in the scanner and restart. And vice versa. This is a real pain...:(

Art, I'm actually on Win 2000.

-S-

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    I think there might be a USB patch for Windows 2000 that might solve your problem but am not sure if it's for Intel motherboards only. Will check for you.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Sarah ] ++
    Both are on USBs. I think you guys are right that both devices have conflicting drivers. I can only use one at a time for now :wallbang: If I want to use the scanner, I have to shut down, plug out the camera, plug in the scanner and restart. And vice versa. This is a real pain...:(

Art, I'm actually on Win 2000.

-S-
    That's weird; I thought Win2k would be able to handle plug-n-play without having to reboot your system. Hmmm....

OP
    Sarah_old

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
    I think there might be a USB patch for Windows 2000 that might solve your problem but am not sure if it's for Intel motherboards only. Will check for you.
    Thanks very much Ali :kiss:

Gray, well, apparently not for my case :( Or maybe my scanner is just too old to be supported on W2K :undecided:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)