I’ll win then quit (1 Viewer)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Nedved: I’ll win then quit
Wednesday 20 October, 2004

Pavel Nedved has confirmed that he intends to retire in 2006 – but wants to win the European Cup first.

The Czech ace is back to his brilliant best but has ruled out the possibility of extending his playing days.

"I’m not getting any younger," said the 32-year-old. "I plan to stop playing when my contract expires and I don’t think I’ll change my mind.

"It isn’t easy to play every three games at this level but in the next two years I will give my all for Juventus."

Nedved has won numerous honours with the Bianconeri but he’s keen to net the Champions’ League after missing the 2003 Final, which Juve lost to Milan, through suspension.

He’s definitely helped his side’s cause as two of their three victories so far have been achieved thanks to his goals in the victories over Ajax and now Bayern Munich.

"I could even retire at the end of this season if we win the trophy in May," joked the midfield ace.

Nedved is fully committed to Juventus after he opted to retire from international football, a decision criticised by Lecce boss Zdenek Zeman.

"I have great respect for him," replied Nedved. "All I will say is that I’m happy that I made the choice rather than just being left out of future squads."

The former Lazio star has also thanked teammate Zlatan Ibrahimovic for his second assist in two games last night.

"He tells me that I should be setting up goals for him and not vice-versa," continued the Golden Ball winner. "He’s right but I just look to help out the attackers in any way that I can."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
Nedved: I’ll win then quit

"He tells me that I should be setting up goals for him and not vice-versa," continued the Golden Ball winner. "He’s right but I just look to help out the attackers in any way that I can."

Man this guy Zlatan :D is gonna destroy the team.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
its going to be really sad if he retires without it, we better win this year while hes playing well

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
yeah.he totally deserves to win it on his own.after quitting the NT for juve if we don't bring in some big trophies in our last two seasons with him it'd be a huge waste.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
That's y he is trying to stay on for 2 more years in Juve to win the CL, the league title and the Copa Italia for Juve. I believe not only him the whole team deserves to win them as well. If he doesn't win, not only will it be a big waste, I can't bear to see how dejected he feels in those 2 years.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
its not all about Nedved, everyone deserves to win it, and lets hope they will, because if we cant win it within these 3 years with Capello now that we have a extremely strong squad, well then i cant see when we will win it. Its beginning to be some years since last time.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Of course it's not all about Nedved, but the guy's done so much for the club and he's shown that he's a genuine bianconero. He's had such bad luck for the past few years, missing out on the CL final against Milan and also the Euro 2004 final (which they probably would have reached, and won, had he not been injured :down:)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Of course it's not all about Nedved, but the guy's done so much for the club and he's shown that he's a genuine bianconero. He's had such bad luck for the past few years, missing out on the CL final against Milan and also the Euro 2004 final (which they probably would have reached, and won, had he not been injured :down:)
I felt the same way too. Nedved has been on the pitch for juz 37 mins b4 Smicer replaces him during the Czech - Greece clash. If he had not been injured, Czech Republic would have won the Euro 2004.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
even if we do win it,i'd go so far as to say that he may have won it for the team.he's running his socks off and working so hard for the team.it's like he's a defender,midfielder and forward rolled into one.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I (biting my tongue while saying it) slightly hope Juve to win a CL, because I think Nedved deserves to win it, (either that or he leaves and goes to another club and wins it there)

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
@desmond

and you say that already now!, Zambrotta does just as good and hardworking job as Nedved, Emerson and Canna do a hardworking job too. Its a teamsport, its not "Nedved vs CL".

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
No, I dont mean Roma at all. And when he retires he retires, I dont expect him, or want him to really join us, I am more interested in giving D'Agostino a chance! Too many old players at Roma already!

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    I (biting my tongue while saying it) slightly hope Juve to win a CL, because I think Nedved deserves to win it, (either that or he leaves and goes to another club and wins it there)

joining another club? he will retire after his contract expires with juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)