Hup Holland! (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
The all-important match for the Euro2004 qualifier in Group 3 is coming up as the two strongest teams, The Netherlands and The Czech Republic, are preparing to face eachother. Whoever wins this match in Rotterdam is already half-way to Portugal.

Holland is on a roll after missing out on the WC, only drawing once and winning every other single match since 1 January 2002, including impressive wins against Germany and Argentina.
The Czechs on the other hand are growing stronger by the game, defeating France 0-2 in Paris in their last played fixture!

Davids and Nedved are both expected to play this clash of the giants on 29 March. Also look out for other big names such as Kluivert, Van Nistelrooy, Seedorf, Rosicky, Koller and Poborský!

Here are the standings in Group 3:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I would just love to see this game, but based on Eurosport's love of all things frog, I guess they will be showing France again :sigh:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Oh no - France? The horror!! :scared:
I know..its either France or England...or if I'm reeal lucky there's the opportunity to laugh at the scots losing to some amateur women's under 10's team :rolleyes::D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
thanks ;) I try..

anyhoo, back to the netherlands, do you reckon they have turned the corner now? their performances have been very very good recently, but I still worry they will revert to their inconsistent former selves!

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #7
    Well, Advocaat is a man of consistency and he's not so naive to always want to play with wingers so we might just make it this time!

At least I hope so - I want to meet England in Portugal! :devil::D

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    At least I hope so - I want to meet England in Portugal! :devil::D
    bring it on :fero:

no actually we'll just lose like we do to every one :groan:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    forza Holland....

though i've liked the Check team ever since Nedved moved to juve. i'm also impressed with Rosicky :thumb:

hey anyone, is there any dutch player (other than Van Der Vaart) who plays as a playmaker!?!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    i guess so.......

seems strange for a team that has so many talents..

i'm not even sure about VDV as he seems to play as a second stricker liike Bergkamp.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #19
    Playmakers? No, we don't have any in Holland. Van der Vaart comes close but really his play resembles more that of Bergkamp...

The reason nobody in Holland plays with real playmakers is because a team quickly depends on him and when he's injured or suspended, the team falls apart!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)