Hubner, Maccarone, and possibly Baggio ???!!? (3 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Doni does not suck. He's one of the best replacements we can get for Totti. As you all saw today,DP is not comfortable in the trequartista role,so either Doni,Pirlo or Fiore should occupy that position to enable Godot to play in his favoured position.

I would prefer Pirlo to Doni,but I want to see him in the defensive midfield role in which he know plays with Milan. Knowing Trap,Di Biagio or Tommasi will probably start,so Pirlo may end up playing behind the strikers.

Is it just me or does Vieri always get injured before Italy have to play?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Vinman

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #22
    You guys are saying give new players a chance, these next 2 games are qualifiers, NOT FRIENDLIES !!!! Baggio has NT experience !!! Hubner has been around a while, and can score !!

Marrazina hasnt proven anything, so why risk it now ??

If we went with some of your "theories" of playing new players, and we lost, you guys would want Trap's head more than me !!!

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    ----------------------buffon
    ---zauri------canna--------nesta-----Coco
    ------------------Ambrosini
    ---Zambro--------------------------Fiore
    ---------------------totti
    -------------DP---------:urgh:Inzaghi:eek:

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    but for the more attacking minded...

-----------------Buffon
    -----Zauri-----Nesta-----Canna
    --------------Ambro
    Zambro----------------Fiore
    --------------------Totti
    ----------DP
    ---------Vieri-------Inzaghi

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    good line-ups, but we're talk about the next game...so Totti, zamby, vieri, are out.

------------------------------Buffon-----------------------------
    ---Zauri-----------Nesta-------------Cannavaro----Coco---
    ------------------------------Pirlo--------------------------------
    --------------Ambrosini--------------Tomassi-----------------
    ------------------------------Doni--------------------------------
    ---------------------Del Piero--------Baggio------------------

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Majed your's a good team but I will put Montella in and Roby Baggio behind the fowards where you put Doni. Baggio played (and amazingly) in that role last matches and Doni is good 4 Atalanta but never worked in the NT. Consider Gattuso, also.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    --------------------------Buffon------------------------
    Zauri---Cannavaro-------------Iuliano-------Coco
    -------Tacchinardi-------Doni------DiBiagio-------
    ---------------------------Pirlo-------------------------
    --------DelPiero----------------------Montella-----

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
    Playing old players is only short-sighted, which has been the demise of Italian teams in these times of crisis. Directors are too hasty to fire managers and buy ready-made stars in order to get quick results. To transmit this procedure to the national side would be the worst possible thing to do. And say what you will about Trap, but he's not that blind as to not see the goal up-ahead.

With one of the easiest qualifying group of all, the question of whether we're going to qualify or not is practically a no-brainer.

What Italy need to do to achieve results in Euro 2004 is to play together a squad of players so that they get used to playing with each other, in the manner of France in 98 and '00.
    Last time the mistake made by Trappatoni was to change the tactics from the system used all through qualifying and creating distress amongst the players with them not knowing exactly how they should play in certain situations.Italy lacked, IMO, teamplay and only got some way due to individual skills, something Brazil can get away with due to their superiority in that department.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    hmm...interesting point, makes sense.

Thats why i wouldn't put any old players....Just get young young young and have them for another 5 years, the important thing is to integrate younger players to slowly change....flowwing france is not a good example, since they never changed their team for 5+ years! and all their players played well but now they have trouble because everyone is retiring or past their prime!!

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I cannot believe that I am reading that Hubner should be considered to win his first cap at 74 years of age, Baggio is old but at least he has been there done that and has the T-shirt, so he could be considered even if I am not a fan of going backwards but if the situation arises as a crisis of injuries why not

Macarone should be called up for he is quality, forget about what you guys think of the Epl, the guy has star quality

Why do ppl like Gatusso as a player, I mean if it was rugby or American football, i'd understand but football, nah he has not got a clue.

It feels me with joy to see Dp starting games then this is tempered by seeing Gatusso in the same line up

A midfield comprising Tomassi, dibiagio and Gatusso is too frightening to think of, and Trap managed to put this 3 players together, wow he is a genius

The likes of Fiore, Albertini are kicking thier heels at their clubs, Corrini has not got a mention, same with Manfredini while Ambrossini is left on the bench while those comedians run around the field like headless chickens

Imagine if a club side consists of such a porous midfield they will be relegated for sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)