how would the tinkerman fare in juventus? (1 Viewer)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
What??? Monaco conceded 22 goals so far this season! Thats nearly the half!
i was talking about their performance in the champions league most of the times i watch them.. their defense hasnt been particualrly steady :undecide:

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Well, CL is something completely different! You have maybe seen 6 - 7 matches. Thats not enough to judge a defense!
thats where youre wrong. only way to judge monaco's defence is watching them in champions league. not conceding many goals in french league is quite a bad way to judge quality of defence.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Prandelli can fix our defence pretty easily, if Moggi allows him to do it... I mean that we should buy at least 3 new defenders (I prefer Ferrari, Mexes & Trabelsi)... They can surely do better than Iuliano and Montero this season...

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++

thats where youre wrong. only way to judge monaco's defence is watching them in champions league. not conceding many goals in french league is quite a bad way to judge quality of defence.
I wouldn't say that, because the French League is getting better and better! Marseille and Monaco are in the finals and I think that overall the League there is very strong, so you can judge the defense of Monaco!
anyways, in CL they also had a good scoring record.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
every league has bad teams. serie a has ancona, the french have nice or whatever. My point is, that DD built up a strong defense at Monaco. He helped the young Squillaci to develop, bought Ibarra, who was very cheap, and noone thought he would be such a success and with Rodriguez and Evra he completed a solid back-line.
Prandelli bought Seric and he lets Bonera player regular. I just think that Prandelli has too much offense in his head, and thats not really what we need. We have to solve our defensive problems!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Come on Fli, you're just arguing for the sake of an argument. You know what he's saying, and nobody claimed that the French League has the strongest teams in the world, but they've defended great the whole season and that's as clear as mud on a brick wall

Sep 28, 2002
but you did see what happened to that solid defence against big attacking teams aka chelsea and real madrid. it stumbled. monace are way better offensively.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
They do attack very well, but IMO they can attack, because they have a solid back-line and very good def. midfielders.
And getting goals from Real or Chelsea is not a shame!

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
Come on Fli, you're just arguing for the sake of an argument. You know what he's saying, and nobody claimed that the French League has the strongest teams in the world, but they've defended great the whole season and that's as clear as mud on a brick wall
well i kinda disagree with him and thats it. i just dont think that didier is god of defence and it may seem from lacki's posts. whatever.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
But Deschamps' tactical set-up is really good in the way that the midfield helps the defence and are very solid even when they go forward.

Aug 1, 2003
I prefer Prandelli :strong:

I like Ranieri and the only reason I was happy they made it through to the semis (well, aside from kicking arsenal's arse, that is) is because I felt Ranieri deserved that. But he doesn't strike as the Juve type of coach, so it's no.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Didier deschaps is amazing.. the way the defenders stand is justst actually, world class!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)