How will the end table of the new season look? (1 Viewer)

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
Typical me. The season hasn't even started yet, and I think about the the end of it. :D

I've tried to make a final Serie A table which I think might be correct. But who knows, it I might turn out to be totally wrong...

I also added some of the most important transfers to almost all the clubs below.(+stands for newcomers, - for the sold ones or those who were sent on loan.) These transfers have affected the way I rated each club. If a transfer didn't make any big difference for a club, I didn't include it. That's why some of the teams have many transfers added, while others don't have any at all.

However, these transfers are taken from the newest "Football Italia, and since I live in Norway, I received the magazine later than they would in other countries.:( That's why the transfers aren't updated.

1 Juventus (+Brighi) :cool::D
2 Inter (+F.Cannavaro & Coco & Almeyda)(-Seedorf)
3 Roma (+Guardiola)(-Assuncao & Zago)
4 Milan (+Seedorf & Tomasson)(-Coco & Albertini & Umit Davala)
5 Lazio (+Sorin & Oddo)(-Poborsky)
6 Chievo (-Corradi & Manfredini)
7 Bologna (+Colucci & Paramatti)(-Brighi & Pecchia & Fresi)
8 Perugia (-Baiocco & Blasi)
9 Torino (+Osmanovski)
10 Atalanta
11 Parma (+Adriano & P.Cannavaro & Siviglia & Mboma)(-F.Cannavaro & Almeyda & Sartor)
12 Empoli (-Maccarone)
13 Piacenza (+Maresca)(-Matuzalem & Poggi)
14 Como (+Ferron & Pecchia)
15 Brescia (-Guardiola & Bonera)
16 Modena (+Zamboni)
17 Udinese (+Sensini)(-Turci & Zamboni)
18 Reggina

Give your suggetions...

Buy on AliExpress.com

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I think your top 7 or 8 is right, I'm not sure about the order though. I wouldn't be suprised if Parma did a little better then 11 either.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
maybe something like this:

1):star:Juventus:star:
2)Roma
3)Inter
4)Milan
5)Parma
6)Bologna
7)Lazio
8)Atalanta
9)Perugia
10)Chievo
11)Torino
12)Piacenza
13)Brescia
14)Como
15)Empoli
16)Udinese
17)Reggina
18)Modena

how's that?

Jul 12, 2002
I'd give it something like this:

1)Juventus
2)Roma
3)Inter
4)Milan
5)Bologna
6)Lazio
7)Atalanta
8)Chievo
9)Perugia
10)Torino
11)Parma
12)Piacenza
13)Brescia
14)Como
15)Empoli
16)Udinese
17)Reggina
18)Modena

FaNaTiC

Jul 12, 2002
PARMA
---------------
COACH: Cesare Prandelli

PURCHASED: Adriano (Inter), Alex (Palmeiras), Barone (Chievo), Bonera (Brescia), Bresciano (Empoli), P.Cannavaro (Verona), Gresko (Inter), Gilardino (Verona), Donati (Milan), Falsini (Atalanta), Matuzalem (Piacenza), Oyola (River Plate), Poggi (Piacenza), Siviglia (Roma), Torrisi (Marseille)

OBJECTIVES: Mutu (Verona), Negro (Lazio), Pierieni (Fiorentina)

TRADED: Almeyda (Inter), Appiah (Brescia), Boghossian (Espanyol), Bolano (Sampdoria), Cannavaro (Inter), Djetou (Fulham), Grieco (Empoli), Gurenko (Piacenza), Maini (Ancona), Milosevic (Espanyol), Montano (Piacenza), Sartor (Roma), Sensini (Udinese), Sukur (Released)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think parma will be revelation of this season. but gresko shouldnt play.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
They have a manager who was woeful as venezia manager in serieA last season, serieA is not a place for youngsters to be the core of your team, thier preseason has not been encouraging, just lost Cannavaro, gained Gresko, Adriano is too selfish imo

Jul 12, 2002
OK Parma will suck, but the key question is why does everyone have Juve at the top. What reason is there to belive that we are the best? More importantly, what reason is there to believe that we will perform the best.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
may i ask why not?we have the best squad and we don't have any financial worries to bother us.also the team has more or less formed a mutual understanding with last season's additions.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
They don't have the team to compete, they will fail, and be lucky to finish in the top half.
i know they're in a crisis now, but look what Chievo was able to do last season...anythin's possible ;)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
may i ask why not?we have the best squad and we don't have any financial worries to bother us.also the team has more or less formed a mutual understanding with last season's additions.
Have you taken a look at Inter's line-up lately? It seems to me that they have the best squad at the moment. Especially when you consider some of our key injuries: Pessotto, Zambrotta, Trezeguet.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
do not forget their worries over ronaldo's transfer and all it's gonna get them down sooner or later.
Perhaps, but you can't count on that.

OP
paulo

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    Have you taken a look at Inter's line-up lately? It seems to me that they have the best squad at the moment. Especially when you consider some of our key injuries: Pessotto, Zambrotta, Trezeguet.
    Yeah, I agree with u, it really seams like it. Now when they have bought Cannavaro, Coco, Almeyda and even Crespo(although they sold Ronaldo to Real M and Seedorf to Milan) they are looking much better than last term. But on the other side, it's unlikely these will adapt very quickly and strengthen the team. Just look at Nedved, Thuram and Buffon. It took at least six months before Nedved and Thuram adapted themselves, in the case of Buffon it was a shorter period. Another example: Mendieta. He played for Lazio a whole year and didn't manage to contribute in any way. The same story with Rui Costa. And everyone expected these players to adapt quickly so that they'd play at their normal level...

So Juve have strengthened their team with Di Vaio and the recovering Salas, plus some average newcomers. But on the other side, Pessotto, Zambrotta and Trezeguet are injured. Camoranesi could replace Zambro, but what about replacing the other two? Salas isn't fit yet, and we shouldn't 100% count on him, because it might take some time before he recovers to the "El Matador" he once was. Di Vaio is in Juve in just a few days, so we can't really expect him to shine once the Serie A starts. In other words, Juve aren't any better than in the previous season.

Inter, as I said, seem a lot better than a year ago, but then there's the question of if they will adapt quickly enough to make a change. The defence looks much stronger, the midfield is almost the same, while Crespo replaces Ronaldo in attack. But let's face it, Inter are no winning team, they lack the right mentality and winning spirit and they have no playmaker. As we have seen in Juve when we played 4-4-2, we had problems in attack. Once Nedved started to recover and began to play as a playmaker, we almost had a new Zizou to pass the balls forward. But generally, I would say Inter are stronger than a year ago.

Roma are pretty much the same. They bought Guardiola, sold Assuncao. Bati is getting old, but they have Cassano. So shame that Sensi couldn't manage to buy Davids..:dontcare: The important thing for Roma is Capello, arguably the best coach in the league. Without him, Roma wouldn't even reach the 5'th place. He discovered Candela, Delvecchio and Totti, he bought Samuel, Batistuta, Assuncao, Emerson and Cassano and he gave the faith and winnig spirit in the players. He made them competitive. So as long as the club has Fabio as their coach, Roma will always be a threat. But anyway, I see no reason of saying they're better than last season.

Then there's Milan. They have made some huge buys lately and seems for everyone to be a new, much better club. But comparing them to Juve, Inter and Roma, I can't say I'm impressed. Ok, they bought Nesta, but that's currently their only very good and stabile defender. Don't count on Maldini, he's getting really old and slow and makes some nasty mistakes from time to time. That's unecceptable for a class defender, what Milan need right now in addition to Nesta. Especially considering that Abbiati isn't among the best goalkeepers. In midfield they sold Albertini, gained Seedorf. We can't really expect much help from Redondo, he constantly seems to be injured. But in attack Milan begin to seem really dangerous. But again, they only seem like it. last season they played Sheva and Pippo plus Rui Costa behind them. This season they also have Rivaldo and Tomasson. Tomasson has a reputation of being to bad for Serie A, and the latest friendlies confirm this. He might improve though, but will he make any big difference in the attack? Then there's Rivaldo. A big hero from WC, but will he be one in Serie A? As everybody knows, Serie A's defenders are much tougher to beat than in the spanish league. The pressure is bigger and the clubs are much less tolerate on a player's performance than in La Primara. Will Rivaldo live up to this? Most likely, no, at least not in the first half of the season. So after all, Milan don't look considerably improved.

Making a conclusion to all this, I think that Juve, Inter and Roma are currently the best clubs in Italy. Milan have still a long way to go. End table of the season 02/03: 1: Juve/Roma. 2: Roma/Juve. 3: Inter. 4: Milan. This may seem to be wrong, considering me saying earlier that Juve and Roma are pretty much as good as in the earlier season, while Inter have improved. But that's not so. Imo, Inter haven't improved enough to be as good as Juve or Roma. They were close to win the scudetto last year, but who knows how things may turn out this season? After all, it's Inter. They are always "the unexpected".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)