How to improve the squad in January (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Well, after tonights game, not to mention the game against Inter and our draws against Roma and Milan (we have collected only 2 points from 4 derbies) and we now have 3 defeats in a row, and seeing our play tonight I can predict a 4th one aganst Parma. The cracks in our armour have been overexposed during the last few weeks and I feel we should do something in Januray to rectify the situation.

Imo, we firstly need a new defender (surprise, surprise). Somebody fast and solid, experienced, but not old. IMO, we need instant improvement, we cant afford to take a chance on a young, promising player that could end up making the misstakes Legro does. IMO, Lucio would be perfect, and I believe Moggi will make it happen.

Next, we need a playmaker, a player of the Aimar type, somebody that can make that final pass, or that solo run, someone that would help us become less dependant on Nedved, someone with great vision, flair, technique and passing. Unfortunately, there are few good players like that, and even fewer that we would be able to buy in the winter transfer window. Therefore I propose givin Olivera a chance, we certanly dont have anything to lose anymore. But for next year a playmaker is a must.

Next, IMO we have a problem on the right flank, where Camo just inst performing. we can no longer expect much from him, and IMO it's time for a replacement. He's too inconsistent, selfish at times, and loses more balls than the other 10 players can win. IMO, we need a Zambrotta type of wing on the right side, therefor I will again propose Salihamidzic, but knowing that will never happen, I guess a player like Santana would be a good alternative.

And last, but not least, I believe we need a real left winger, as Zambrotta cant do all the work himself. Imo, Jankulovski would be a good aquasition for this position

Anyways, let me hear your suggestions.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I dont like Lucio.
If u think that Legro do too many silli mistakes.. well think twice because this Lucio uy is toally overhyped and im really tired of his stupidities in the central defense.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    I actually rate Lucio pretty highly, he's probably the best defender in Germany.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    I dont like Lucio.
    If u think that Legro do too many silli mistakes.. well think twice because this Lucio uy is toally overhyped and im really tired of his stupidities in the central defense.
    me too.....just look @brazil's defence, pure crap! besides...he's way too expensive. mexes.....mexes :cool:

i'm in with u on santana and playing olivera....give the kid a chance. maybe he can be a good backup for nedved (who's been playing sh*t lately :D)

ooh....and zlatan.....zlatan ibrahimovich :D:D

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    if you buy a guy aimar type, you change your entire style of play. Lippi wont go for it.

Your issue is your defence.

Second issue is that Trez start producing.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    @aca: yeah, I know. But IMO, Trez isnt that bad, it's the defence and supply line that havent been good lately.

@kaizer: Lucio would be 14 mil €

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++

Your issue is your defence.

Second issue is that Trez start producing.

yea...defence!

and producing....trez is not the only one :fero: that number 10 better be producing too.....

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    Less. But IMO Lucio > Mexes
    i've talked to a lot of ppl....some rate lucio very highly, while some dont. the main thing is, just get a bloody defender :fero:

or maybe we can play legro-ferrara combination? has lippi tried that yet? montero is crap nowadays....:fero:

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
    Oh sure, just start buying :rolleyes:
    That's the natural reaction...but I say we just stick with our squad and pull through the rest of the season. IMO, we'll take in at least one trophy and it'll be a good season we can get some serious things done in the off-season. Three defeats in a row happens, expecially when the whole season before that was undefeated.

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
    Changes in January are never good for the team. We should keep the players we have now and make some changes in the summer. The players we need are players that have already proven themselves, and all the ones I can think of except for Lucio have already played in Uefa. Lucio, IMO is the kind of defender we need. We need a wall back there. A defender the caliber of a Nesta or Samuel.

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by DAVIDZ ] ++
    Changes in January are never good for the team. We should keep the players we have now and make some changes in the summer. The players we need are players that have already proven themselves, and all the ones I can think of except for Lucio have already played in Uefa. Lucio, IMO is the kind of defender we need. We need a wall back there. A defender the caliber of a Nesta or Samuel.
    My mistake, it should have read, IS NOT

Aug 1, 2003
    I never agreed with the January transfer, I think it disrupts a team's rhythm to have someone new to play the last half of the season. However I find our defence, unfortunately, are in critical need of defenders. So, OBVIOUSLY, I think we need to improve our defence.

I agree with most of what Zlatan says, we need someone on the left flank too and as for Camo not performing, I've always wished Lippi would play Maresca more and give Camo some competition.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++

I agree with most of what Zlatan says, we need someone on the left flank too and as for Camo not performing, I've always wished Lippi would play Maresca more and give Camo some competition.
    agreed.....maresca has proven that he can play really well (i'm impressed by him during that gala gama recently:D, too bad we didnt win:down:). camo need some competition....last season he had to sort of compete with zambro, now he's just the natural choice for that position *sigh*

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++

agreed.....maresca has proven that he can play really well (i'm impressed by him during that gala gama recently:D, too bad we didnt win:down:). camo need some competition....last season he had to sort of compete with zambro, now he's just the natural choice for that position *sigh*

sadly there are reports that juevntus will use camoranesi for an upcoming deal,,,and maybe we will lost him for good :(.......
    I know that this is not new... but it seems that it will become a reality soon

we will see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)