How long have you supported Juve & where you from and what does your sister look like (4 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
You're a Lugan? Labas!

Aš nesuprantu lietuviškai. :D
Sveikas! Nors ir nesupranti, bet rasai labai gerai :)

Whats a Lugan? Dont know whats a Lugan :D cant be a name, because I havent heard a single one lithuanian named like that :)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Ok ill start supported juve for about 20 years from perth in Scotland (not the Austrialian one)!
I've supported Juve since 1994, because Roberto Baggio was my favourite player in the world.

Coming from Perth are you a fan of St. Johnstone?Thats my Dad's team, although I'm guessing from your name that you follow a team on the otherside of the Tay!

And I've followed Juve since they hammered Rangers circa 1995.
That was my first football match I ever went to, what a day, Juve were brilliant.!!!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sveikas! Nors ir nesupranti, bet rasai labai gerai :)

Whats a Lugan? Dont know whats a Lugan :D cant be a name, because I havent heard a single one lithuanian named like that :)
:D

"Lugan" is likely bastardized speak in America for someone with Lithuanian heritage. I grew up on the South Side of Chicago, where all my relatives came from the Marquette Park (aka Lithuanian Plaza) area -- it's the biggest population of Lithuanians in the world outside of Vilnius.

It's also where the Blues Brothers run over the Nazi march demonstrators in their 1980 movie... as the Nazis did, in fact, lobby to march through Marquette Park in the 60's & 70's:
http://www.marquettepark.net/martin...icannazipartyskokieatmarquetteparkdotnet.html

And where I grew up, "Lugan" was used as a term much like "nigga" might be used in the black community: cool to use among your own kind, but it is also a reason to kick the shit out of another person if they used it and they weren't of Lithuanian descent.

My guess is that it's a Lithuanian immigrant thing. At least in Chicago.

Apr 12, 2004

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
:D

"Lugan" is likely bastardized speak in America for someone with Lithuanian heritage. I grew up on the South Side of Chicago, where all my relatives came from the Marquette Park (aka Lithuanian Plaza) area -- it's the biggest population of Lithuanians in the world outside of Vilnius.

It's also where the Blues Brothers run over the Nazi march demonstrators in their 1980 movie... as the Nazis did, in fact, lobby to march through Marquette Park in the 60's & 70's:
http://www.marquettepark.net/martin...icannazipartyskokieatmarquetteparkdotnet.html

And where I grew up, "Lugan" was used as a term much like "nigga" might be used in the black community: cool to use among your own kind, but it is also a reason to kick the shit out of another person if they used it and they weren't of Lithuanian descent.

My guess is that it's a Lithuanian immigrant thing. At least in Chicago.
Thanks for explaining, never heard anything about Lugans, i think your right that its immigrant thing, because no one back here uses Lugan to describe immigrants. My heritage is from Zemaityja(Samogatia in English) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samogitia. We were the last pagans in Europe :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)