How do you rate your relationship with your parents? (14 Viewers)

Your relationship with your parents (be honest)

• I get along more with Mom

• I get along more with Dad

• Perfect relation with both since childhood

• It depends, sometimes it's my old man, other times it's my mom

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 15, 2006
Bah that sucks:frown:

I didn't understand it when my father said she died. That came months later that there was a part that will never come back. But it's different when it happens from one moment to the other I guess.
Yeah dunno, I remember going to school after my mother died and the teacher called me to her and asked me if I was ok and that it would be alright if I stayed away from school for some time. And I was like: what the hell? Why should I not go to school.
I knew exactly what happened when I came home and saw his corpse in my living room while my family members surrounded us. Though it never fully sunk in until I saw my mom break down into tears again(first of several in the coming years). Worst part is I don't know what I missed learning from him. :sad:

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Heart attack.

Well yeah, I never really got to know well enough back then. It was all about going to school and finishing homework and passing exams. I was in 4th grade FFS. What else is there in life back then? :cry:
Heart attack is a very ugly way to die, that's why you need to look after yourself Dhee-Dhee. You need to think about all the people that care & love for you.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Very sorry for the loses of all of you Wahdan, Sheik and Sab.

Yeah dunno, I remember going to school after my mother died and the teacher called me to her and asked me if I was ok and that it would be alright if I stayed away from school for some time. And I was like: what the hell?Why should I not go to school.
How German of you Sab :D

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
That sounds like you had/have a really good relationship with both your parents and you are a lucky person! I'm sorry for your loss, your father sounds like he was a great man and I'm sure you will follow in his footsteps.
:rab:

Sorry for your loss Omar, inshAllah your father is in resting peacefully in jannah.
Thank you, that’s really nice of you.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
I love my mother and to a lesser extent my father. I can't tell my mom everything and I won't tell my dad shit. Me and my dad are really fringe he once told me "billy, I think u have some deep hatred for me" ... I wouldn't call it hatred but a disliking. i understand all hes done/doing for me though.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
I am the second youngest of 5 siblings. I am Lebanese, from Beirut, but was born in Kuwait. I love both, although I would have to say, I am way closer to mom than dad.

My father only talked about politics and football, he never asked me anything personal or how am I doing in school, he always watches the news and get wild up on the current events then he will be upset have a dinner and watch a football match if there is any or a Western movie later on, my mom on the other hand was always pushing us to succeed in school, she was generally strict and specially when it comes to studying, this is wasn't a big deal to me because I loved school and I would always pull high marks, She expected me though to be perfect when it comes to school, too much pressure which annoyed me. I was always worried if I lose a mark here or there, she will let me hear it, and blame it on playing football or make something up.

I moved to North America at 18 to attend university, both approved it and fully supported me, things changed when I attended university, my father suddenly started becoming emotional toward me and tell me how much he loves me every time we talk or meet, probably because I am away. Also my mom never asked me much about studying later on when I attended university, some how she decided to put alot of trust in me and let me do my thing. I love both of them, I talk to them always, and I can't wait until I see them again, hopefully soon.

P.S Thank you Rab for this thread, some of the stories I've read are heart breaking/amazing/touchy. Great thread :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)