How can we get like E.Davids (2 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

You're probably talking about D'Agostino.

---
Anway, I prefer Maresca to stay, even if that means we won't get Emerson.
Did you see that rocket D'Agostino unleashed against Samp on Sunday?

---
I agree. If signing Emerson means losing Maresca we should forget about it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Did you see that rocket D'Agostino unleashed against Samp on Sunday?

---
I agree. If signing Emerson means losing Maresca we should forget about it.
Yes I did see it. D'Agostino and De Rossi are both some good prospects.
---
Nice to know we agree (again) ;).

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine
I say, we can go where we want to
A place where they will never find
And we can act like we come from out of this world
Leave the real one far behind
And we can dance
Danser!

We can go when we want to
The night is young and so am I
And we can dress real neat from our hats to our feet
And surprise 'em with the victory cry
Say, we can act if want to
If we don't nobody will
And you can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine
I say, we can go where we want to
A place where they will never find
And we can act like we come from out of this world
Leave the real one far behind
And we can dance
Danser!

We can go when we want to
The night is young and so am I
And we can dress real neat from our hats to our feet
And surprise 'em with the victory cry
Say, we can act if want to
If we don't nobody will
And you can act real rude and totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile
Don`t write after you drink

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
Maresca is better than Davids though.
Maresca has the potential to be on the same level as Davids, but he's not anywhere near that now. Davids walked into a Barcelona team with no direction and no hope, and now they are second in La Liga and have overtaken Real Madrid despite trailing them by 20 points at one point. His performances have been dominating both offensively and defensively, and he's been a leader. Maresca has good skills, but he has not and can not do those kind of things.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Maresca has the potential to be on the same level as Davids, but he's not anywhere near that now. Davids walked into a Barcelona team with no direction and no hope, and now they are second in La Liga and have overtaken Real Madrid despite trailing them by 20 points at one point. His performances have been dominating both offensively and defensively, and he's been a leader. Maresca has good skills, but he has not and can not do those kind of things.
Well everytime Maresca comes on he has controlled the entire Juve midfield and he's much more of a leader and more charismatic than Davids. Also saying tht Barca are doing so great because of Davids is an insult to the other Barcelona players. Davids does not add that much offensively and he is certainly no leader, he is a dog; dogs go on a leash. Davids is better defensively than Maresca though.
Also overtaking Real Madrid, is more because of Real Madrid's failure's than Barcelona's succes.

Anyway, i've just never been that much of a Davids fan. I do not rate him as highly as a lot of others do.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Davids walked into a Barcelona team with no direction and no hope, and now they are second in La Liga and have overtaken Real Madrid despite trailing them by 20 points at one point. His performances have been dominating both offensively and defensively, and he's been a leader.

Yes! Davids alongside Ronaldinho helped Barcelona a lot

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Very well put, but I big to differ with that last sentence. True, he has not done those kind of things as of now, but that's not to say that he won't do them in the future.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Very well put, but I big to differ with that last sentence. True, he has not done those kind of things as of now, but that's not to say that he won't do them in the future.
We shall see about that. Maresca has potential, but the question is can he fulfill that potential.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++

how did I forget him :wallbang:
bongiovi is suzanne. did you still forget him?

++ [ originally posted by dominic ] ++
Well everytime Maresca comes on he has controlled the entire Juve midfield and he's much more of a leader and more charismatic than Davids. Also saying tht Barca are doing so great because of Davids is an insult to the other Barcelona players. Davids does not add that much offensively and he is certainly no leader, he is a dog; dogs go on a leash. Davids is better defensively than Maresca though.
Also overtaking Real Madrid, is more because of Real Madrid's failure's than Barcelona's succes.

Anyway, i've just never been that much of a Davids fan. I do not rate him as highly as a lot of others do.
maresca is allowed more control on the field. davids is a good attacker if not as creative as seedorf. he plays very good attacking football, if you have seen him both at ajax and at barca currently.

i would like you to explain your dog comment. somehow ties in with his nickname- pitbull i assume?

its not just overtaking real, dominic. after davids came to barca they started winning, and winning BIG. his defensive ability gave their other players, including ronaldinho more freedom to attack. his defensive abilities were near-flawless in 99.9% of every game he played. he made superb solo attacking runs numerous timesin their last game vs real santander too. pity none of them came to much, but they were threatening nonetheless.

i can say he has been 50% of the cause for barca's success, ronaldinho being the other 50%. in fact ronnie owes his good form to davids who lets him get more support from xavi and co.

was this really the same player who was suffering 'fitness' problems until christmas break? remember who we are talking about: the only player at juve who could run for a full 90 minutes without even breathing hard. didnt play because of fitness problems lippi said :rolleyes:

++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
Yes! Davids alongside Ronaldinho helped Barcelona a lot
understatement

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
We shall see about that. Maresca has potential, but the question is can he fulfill that potential.
No I think the question is, can we keep him long enough to see his potential? It seems he is involved in every Juve deal. :down:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DukeVonEggwaffle? ] ++
maresca is allowed more control on the field. davids is a good attacker if not as creative as seedorf. he plays very good attacking football, if you have seen him both at ajax and at barca currently.

i would like you to explain your dog comment. somehow ties in with his nickname- pitbull i assume?

its not just overtaking real, dominic. after davids came to barca they started winning, and winning BIG. his defensive ability gave their other players, including ronaldinho more freedom to attack. his defensive abilities were near-flawless in 99.9% of every game he played. he made superb solo attacking runs numerous timesin their last game vs real santander too. pity none of them came to much, but they were threatening nonetheless.

i can say he has been 50% of the cause for barca's success, ronaldinho being the other 50%. in fact ronnie owes his good form to davids who lets him get more support from xavi and co.

was this really the same player who was suffering 'fitness' problems until christmas break? remember who we are talking about: the only player at juve who could run for a full 90 minutes without even breathing hard. didnt play because of fitness problems lippi said :rolleyes:
All fair points, although I do not agree with all of of them.
Davids is reasonable attacker, not as creative as Seedorf or even Maresca though. I have seen him for Ajax and I watch him play for Barca.

The dog comments has to do with the pitbull nick. Anyway I just meant to say he maybe be presence when he plays, but he isn't a leader at all.

Sure Davids' presence made Barcelona better, but it's mostly down to Ronaldinho or even Xavi should get more praise for his work and passes.
When Davids was bought, Ronaldinho returned from a lengthy injury. AS I said before, I think it's an insult to players like Ronaldinho to say Barca owe they succes to Davids.

Davids never had fitness problems at Juve, Moggi wanted him out and Davids wanted out.

But as I said before, i'm a bit biased. I never liked Davids that much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)