Hotmail (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, I dont need the 1GB either, but my other accounts are full of crap/spam, so i decided to scrap them and get a new one. Luckily I got an invite from PersianMafia ;)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Google did great marketing here, as evidenced by Zlatan's response. They created the illusion of scarcity.

Now if only they handled their IPO better than most 17 year olds would. ;)

Yeah, I had my Hotmail account (one I created from 1996) upped to 250Meg. I've had one or two others about that old that weren't upgraded. It probably has to do with storage and usage -- only the heaviest users, and hence best customers, would get (or need) it. Which is a good strategy.

OP
Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    Well, hotmail announced its expantion to 250 megs right after Yahoo went up to 100 megs (after the introduction of google's 1 gig).

They finally realized that this "extra hotmail" for $20 a year was a crappy idea. Fools.

I have been pretty darn active with hotmail all throughout the 9 years I have been using it. I don't know why some accounts are updated while others are not.

And btw, a way to get rid of the junk stuff- just unsubscribe from every listing you receive. This will take a couple of week of daily work. But now I don't get any junk on hotmail.

OP
    Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13
    To all of those who use Hotmail and are yet to be upgraded to 250 megs. I've wrote them about this, here's what they replied.

Hello Baki46,

Thank you for writing to MSN Hotmail.

This is Victory and I am writing in response to your inquiry about the increase in your mailbox size.

I understand your concern regarding this matter. As you know, MSN is upgrading storage limits for customers. With over 170 million Hotmail users, this is going to take some time.

Our Technical Support Staff is working hard to have the new release taken into effect anytime soon. Right now, we cannot provide a specific date on when the exact changes will happen, but we assure you that our team is doing all the necessary work so that our customers will soon see these changes.

We'll communicate to you once the 250MB is available for free in your market.

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to your message. Every message that Hotmail receives is very important. We recently received an extremely high volume of e-mail messages and are working diligently to catch up.
    If you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to write us and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Victory B.
    MSN Hotmail Technical Support

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to your message. Every message that Hotmail receives is very important. We recently received an extremely high volume of e-mail messages and are working diligently to catch up.
    I bet you that's Hotmails custom signature.

OP
    Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #15
    I am sure the entire thing was a cusom reply.

Most of the 170 million users are asking about this upgrade, which was promised to be completed in July.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    True.

So it's everyone's account that gets upgraded? Or only people who ask for it, or people who pay for it?

OP
    Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
    True.

So it's everyone's account that gets upgraded? Or only people who ask for it, or people who pay for it?
    Everyone who has an account will get upgraded eventually.

And some of the useful functions like calendar and reminders (that became unavailable 2 years ago) will be available as well.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    hmmm-I've never gotten any spam, and I've had my yahoo account for several years now.....lol-I also have a gmail, juventuz, and comcast accounts just in case ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)