Honshu, Japan Earthquake & Tsunami - March 2011 (13 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's a ribbonfish. They are beautifully reflective in the sun too. This must have been pushed in by the tsunami, they are not found near the shore normally.

Source: I know a fair bit about sea fishing.

Dusan, you should feel proud.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #587
    3 people died (due to radioactivity I think).

They had to evacuate 3-4 more areas as it was spreading. They also say that current situation is only 1/10 of chernobyl but if it continues it can surpass it very easy.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #589
    :D

Looks weird if so because thousands of people died and those were announced this morning. I guess I played the imagination card again.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Damn. You know an earthquake is big when it makes the USGS change the policy for its notification service:

Date: Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:09 AM
    Subject: ENS change announcement (483c9)
    To: swag in a bag valance

After the magnitude 9.0 Tohoku earthquake on March 11, 2011, a change was made in ENS to enable the 'aftershock exclusion' feature by default. This filters out notifications for all but the largest aftershocks, eliminating the large deluge of aftershock notifications after a large mainshock.

If you want to check your settings or turn 'aftershock exclusion' off, (thereby potentially receiving a large number of aftershock notifications) you can log in to your ENS account and do this from the 'Account Preferences' tab on the main ENS webpage.

Thank you,
    Earthquake Notification Service Team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)