Hip Hop (3 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by MCPIERO ] ++

Man I didnt even check for De Las last album AOI 2 I got the first version which had some nice tracks like the Chaka Khan tune.

I gotta check for Nas though, hopefully he brings some nice tracks like in God Son. Theifs Theme is a banger:cool:

AOI: Bionix is nice.

Baby Phat, Simply Havin', Trying People, Bionix are some of the better songs on the disc.

Can't wait for Nas' new one. Fuk Eminem, Nas is King.

Hey, any word on ATCQ??? Listening to "Footprints" right now. And actually, "Simply Havin" uses an interpolation of "Footprints".

Check it out, and you'll know what I mean:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t..._music_2/102-1524775-6296963?v=glance&s=music

Buy on AliExpress.com

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
I keep dreaming of "the coming back " of snoop.he is da man.
is there a better album than the "DoggStyle" ?

damn i wish those problems never happened in death row. Tupac + Snoop and Dre would be the kings till today.Fvck :down:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Picked up Talib Kweli's "The Beautiful Struggle", along with De La Soul's new one, and I am quite happy with both.

Both are very good albums, and worth purchasing.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Hey, any word on ATCQ??? Listening to "Footprints" right now. And actually, "Simply Havin" uses an interpolation of "Footprints".
Sergio im depressed bout the Tribe comeback. Tip remains on the fence as he thinks there is no point in a return as they already have gained everything that they could. Ali Shaheed Muhammed is coming up with his own album which he works with many artists including Chip fu from the fuscnikens(crazy spit fire MC from the early 90s. Check for them at amazon, I love their music)Safe for the link. I'll check back for this Lp and the New one.

No doubt about that. Em doesnt come close to Nasir Jones. Ems production side of things is very weak IMO, Dre(except for old stuff and a few tracks of recent) and Ems music is nothing to remember. His early stuff was pretty decent.

Talib and Mos Def track respiration is bad:cool: Mos has a new joint coming soon but people say hes gone all 3000 on us and barely raps on it.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Do you remember Black Sheep's " A wolf in sheeps clothing" ?

That was an absolute classic album.

I also listened to Del the Funkie Homosapien's first album. The one that opens with What is a booty?/Bob Dobalina.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
I rate your taste:thumb: Black sheep were great. Ive forgotten the tracks name it went something like 'Engine engine no.9 on the new york transit line pick it up pick it up. .this or that I think its called and the tune La menage with tip. I have those 2 songs and Ive still gotta listen to the others, I ve heard the skits are quite funny also.

Del the funky' Ive heard some tunes again, not whole album.

Remember Souls of Mischief- 93 till Infinity. Called up Bridget her mans a midget:LOL:

The Lost Boys and the track Renne. Love that tune. I was just playing Passin me by-:D- by Pharcyde.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by MCPIERO ] ++
I rate your taste:thumb: Black sheep were great. Ive forgotten the tracks name it went something like 'Engine engine no.9 on the new york transit line pick it up pick it up. .this or that I think its called and the tune La menage with tip. I have those 2 songs and Ive still gotta listen to the others, I ve heard the skits are quite funny also.

Del the funky' Ive heard some tunes again, not whole album.

Remember Souls of Mischief- 93 till Infinity. Called up Bridget her mans a midget:LOL:

The Lost Boys and the track Renne. Love that tune. I was just playing Passin me by-:D- by Pharcyde.
Actually, Souls of Mischief ran with teh same clique that Del did. Then, after their debut albums, they went off into different creative directions, and it didn't work out too well.

Did you know that Del is actually Ice Cube's cousin, and he and Sir Jinx produced Del's first album? Del's first album is terrific. Definitely check it out. The groove on "What is a Booty" is straight from the Parliament/Funkadelic era, and is one of the best grooves I've ever heard.

Hey, did you listen to that clip of Simply Havin that I put up there for you??

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Yeah I did thanks. Sounds like they didnt change the footprints music much, 1989 tribes first album.

I didnt know that 'bout Del and SOM. Parliament/Funkadelic era-George Clinton:cool:He did a track with cube. So many talented hip hop artists and I miss YO mtv raps, badboy show. I was just a youngin but my cousins used to watch it with my older cousins and I remember Tribe and Leaders of the new school mashing up the place with Scenerio.

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #132
    Anyone saw D12's celebrations after they won the Best Hip HOp award?

I loved when Eminem said : "Finally we won an award" :D

OP
    The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #134
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

They shouldn't have even won it ...

I think it should've gone to Kanye West or even Jay-Z.

Why not?

Dunno about Kanye West though, but Jay-Z? He shouldn't have been nominated in the first place IMO. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)