Highest ever speed you drive? (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
But she's beautiful. Nives has an ugly face, and for me a nice face is the most important factr. You can have the body of J Lo, but if you dont have a nice face, I aint looking.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

I prefeer Lancer EVO series,beter 4wd dynamics,faster and all. And the model you mentioned is made for US market. EU Imprezzas have 276hp and engine displacement of 2.0 while US Prezzas have ed of 2.5.

And for all "European lovers" who claim that Japanese cannot compete with them....:

Mitsubishi has unveiled the Evo VIII MR FQ-400. And yes, it really is what it's name suggests - a 400bhp version of the rally-bred Lancer legend.

Based on the FQ-320, the ultimate Evo has had its 2.0-litre engine pushed farther than ever by Mitsubishi's tuning partners. The result is a truly staggering set of statistics...

405 bhp and 355 lbf.ft
0-62 mph in 3.5 seconds
175-plus mph top speed

Thus the FQ-400 is capable of beating a Carrera GT, Pagani Zonda or Lamborghini Murcielago away from the lights. Yes, and even a Caterham Superlight R 400, too.

Improvements to the standard model's already effective brakes mean it'll also scrub the speed back off equally smartly.

While the Evo is heavily compromised towards performance, electric windows and mirrors remain, as does climate control. But there are some minor bodywork changes to aid aerodynamics - and add yet more visual drama.

Not that it'll take much to make an FQ-400 stand out. There will, after all, be only 100 built - and even at a list price of £46,999, you'll need to be quick if you want to catch one.

strašno nešto
3.5 sec do 100
286km/h

izgleda da će micanje sporzaumnih 280ks za jap. aute pomesti evropsku konkurenciju

Take a look at the price of car.......3 times cheaper thatn a cars matched to him.
I prefer this :
Subaru’s fastest and most powerful Impreza ever – the WRX STi ‘WR1’ – is about to enter dealer showrooms in UK, with more than half of the 500 limited run already spoken for. The special edition Impreza WRX STi celebrates Petter Solberg winning the Driver’s Title in the 2003 World Rally Championship. It features a power upgrade to 320 bhp plus a host of technical and visual upgrades and costs £29,995 (approx. $54,000) on-the-road.

First unveiled in January at the ‘Autosport’ show in UK, the Prodrive-developed ‘WR1’ has just received official Subaru (UK) engineering approval after recording the best performance figures ever for a road-going UK-spec Impreza.

Only 4.25 Seconds To Reach 60 mph

For example, 60 mph is reached in an astonishing 4.25 seconds with the 0-100 mph time at an equally impressive 10.67 seconds. Prodrive technicians also logged a quarter mile time of 12.8 seconds while the top speed is limited to 155 mph.

By comparison, the ‘standard’ 265 bhp Impreza STi is quoted with a 0-60 mph time of 5.1 seconds and a top speed of 151.5 mph.

Peak power for the ‘WR1’ is 320 bhp at a relatively low 5,800 rpm, with maximum torque or pulling power of 309.8 lb-ft at 4,000 rpm.

The ‘standard’ STi produces 265 bhp at 6,000 rpm and 253 lb-ft torque at 4,000 rpm while the optional Prodrive-developed Performance Pack liberates 305 bhp and 299 lb-ft torque at the same revs and reaches 60 mph in 4.6 seconds and 100 mph in 12.2 seconds.

Other test track statistics see the ‘WR1’ shaving 0.7 seconds off the STi’s 30-50 mph time in 4th gear – down to 4.0 seconds – and 0.8 seconds off the 50-70 mph time in 5th – now 4.6 seconds.

Finally, illustrating its supercar-like performance, the new ‘WR1’ boasts an 80-100 mph time of a staggering 3.6 seconds in 4th gear and 6.5 seconds in 6th (4.6 and 7.8 seconds for the 265 bhp STi).

The ‘WR1’s extra power and torque are achieved thanks to a revised engine control unit (ECU), high-flow catalyst and sports silencer.

Driver-Selected Torque Split Tailors Handling Balance

Also guaranteed to excite enthusiasts is a driver’s control centre-differential (DCCD) via a switch mounted next to the handbrake. It means the torque distribution between front and rear wheels can be manually selected. This allows the choice, for example, between a sharper cornering turn-in or more stable straight-line running. The system defaults to ‘automatic’ mode whenever the ignition is restarted.

Also new for the ‘WR1’ are special, Prodrive-developed uprated springs and bump-stops with a 25 mm lower ride-height.

Special Wheels, Body Colour and Interior

Other handling-enhancing features include 18-inch diameter P-FF7 (Prodrive Flow Forming seven-spoke) alloy wheels with 225/45 Pirelli PZero tyres.

Externally, the new ‘WR1’ is instantly recognisable thanks to its new Ice Blue Metallic paint plus driving lamps and a stainless steel mesh grille.

Interior changes include anthracite instead of blue suede-effect seats, a special gear knob, imaged carpet mats and a tax disc holder engraved with the special edition number.

Features shared with all Impreza WRX STi’s range from a six-speed gearbox to Brembo brakes and front and rear ‘Suretrac’ differentials.
Cheaper plus am a Subaru nut.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
But she's beautiful. Nives has an ugly face, and for me a nice face is the most important factr. You can have the body of J Lo, but if you dont have a nice face, I aint looking.
Personality over looks any day. Its no point having the face of a sex goddess, and then an inability to spell sex goddess. Of course, the only exception to the personality over looks rule, is cars. :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I agree.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Personality over looks any day. Its no point having the face of a sex goddess, and then an inability to spell sex goddess. Of course, the only exception to the personality over looks rule, is cars. :D
It's scientifically proven that people form 80% of their impressions of others in the first 5 seconds they see them,and I reckon you couldn't determine her personality within that amount of time.;)

I can be a sucker for looks and I'm not afraid to admit it.Sometimes I dress to look good even though the weather might be too hot for it or the clothes themselves might not be as comfortable as I'd like.Same could be said of women and cars.Obviously if her personality sucks big time I wouldn't bother,but to me it's important that she looks good;her looks are the first thing that get me interested.

It might seem shallow but that's how it is with alot of people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)