Hi (5 Viewers)

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #22
    Hey there Mikhail. Your a cypriot??

(Alfio how are the goal.com forums doing? Last I posted it was all a bunch of douchebags.)

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    Layce Erayce said:
    (Alfio how are the goal.com forums doing? Last I posted it was all a bunch of douchebags.)
    i dont even know if there are even forums there anymore! i havent been on that site for a long time! goal(soccerage) had its time at the top!:faq1:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Layce Erayce said:
    Hey there Mikhail. Your a cypriot??

No, I'm Irish. Cyprus destroyed us recently though, so my flag stays Cypriot until I decide that the Irish national team has redeamed its honour.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Zé Tahir said:
    Mikhail, do you speak Gaelic?
    Yeah, sort of. I'm not fluent, but I was proficient before I stopped speaking it (i.e. left school).

Most Irish people have a reasonable level from school, but very few people (a couple of tens of thousands maybe) speak it in their normal daily life. Many people have a kind of institutionalised hatred for it by the time they leave school, which is a pity really.

Example for you, "Tá a lán daoine Éireannach in ann cómhrá beaga a deanamh, ach níl sé ag úsáid le a lán daoine (coupla deich míle béidir) sa saol gnáth," which pretty much means the same as the first sentence in my last paragraph, but with added spelling and grammatical errors galore (do people use that word outside of Ireland? It's from the Irish, "go leor", which translates as "aplenty"), and some problems associated with not remembering enough vocabulary to translate exactly! :oops:

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
    Mate, that is so cool that they promote it there.

I speak Genovese (Zenaise in dialect). My grandparents spoke it exclusively (when not speaking English). Then, about the 1970's, there was a move to abolish dialects in Italy. Thankfully, this has changed, and dialect is being taught at least in some schools.

Some examples (Italian, Genovese)

guanciale(pillow)--louaghe

lo stesso (the same)-apparoi

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)