Heysel (1 Viewer)

Jan 7, 2006
I have just been watching a documentary on the disaster and was in tears, the way the true events have tried to be obscured many times is shocking. does anyone have any interesting views/experiences of Heysel 1985? as the 39 are an inspiration to my life as a juventino

Buy on AliExpress.com

Se7en

Feb 24, 2006
Personally I think it's wrong to use them as an inspiration. People tend to make heroes of people who died, simply because they died. To die isn't an achievement, it's an unlucky event. Why use such an event as a source of inspiration? Furthermore being a Juventino is far less important than tragedies such as these. Things like these aren't about being a Juventino, a football fan or being part of some social group. They are about being human.

OP
cristoforo1897
Jan 7, 2006
  • Thread Starter #4
    their being there was everything about being juventini football fans. and as for inspiration the 39 ultimately died because of their links to juve it makes me intent to stick by juve also

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Se7en said:
    Personally I think it's wrong to use them as an inspiration. People tend to make heroes of people who died, simply because they died. To die isn't an achievement, it's an unlucky event. Why use such an event as a source of inspiration? Furthermore being a Juventino is far less important than tragedies such as these. Things like these aren't about being a Juventino, a football fan or being part of some social group. They are about being human.
    I am sure you made more enemies by what you said, but I know you didn't disrespect them, yeah I am afraid I will agree with you too, they ae not heroes like you said, they are fans just like you and me who died in a tragic way..

R.I.P

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Thank you Moggi. As a Liverpool supporter in a Juve forum I am well aware of Heysel and its importance in the history of our clubs. It was a truly tragic event that will never be forgotten by either side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)