help.... (1 Viewer)

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Try booting in safemode.

This is how: When you first turn on you're computer, start hitting F8 after a couple of secs right before Windows is about to load. Then a screen comes up and scroll up for safe-mode. If your taskbar comes in safemode, its most probably a virus, so run a virus scanner or use your system recovery if you have it. Of course, this is all assuming you have XP.

OP
Ramin

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3

Yes, i do have XP. Tried the safe mode but it still does not show the start menu which means from what you said that i dont have a virus.

any other suggestions?

and thanks for the reply.

OP
    Ramin

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4

i'm still stuck without my start menu/taskbar.

help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    I've never heard of a virus that removes the start menu.

Sure you didn't just hide it?

BTW, hey dudes, funny thread to reappear in, I know...

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    It can't be just hidden - if it was, it'd still pop up when you hit the Windows button.

If it's a virus, it's a good one. Download some anti-virus software, and have a look. If that doesn't do it, I think you might have to reinstall your OS. :down:

OP
    Ramin

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    Throw your pc out the window, then buy a new one and the virus will be gone :D
    thought of that before ... but nah :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ANDERS

This doesn't sound much like a virus to me...:undecide:

why don't you try looking around for a tweak or some such thing that can restore it. I'm sure a registry key import would be enough for a problem like this.

Unfortunately, it's nearing 3am over here and I've got uni tomorrow until 9pm, so I'd best be off. I'll make sure I have a look around for you when I wake up/get home tomorrow. Until then, don't do anything drastic like format your comp or listen to River's stupid advice. Actually, you'd be best off doing the latter regardless of whether you have computer problems or not :D

OP
    Ramin

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15

dont know anything about registry editing but i'll give a try.

OP
    Ramin

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16

Gray, in order for me to start the registry editor, i need to click on the start button, then select run , and in the open box to type "regedit".

Firstly, i dont have the START button to start this with. And secondly, when i try to download the program, this comes up "Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. this may be caused by the cookies that are blocked".

OP
    Ramin

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18

i only tried with spybot. whats the most popular anti virus programes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)