HELP - BIOS update failed (1 Viewer)

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Hey guys,
So.. I got this new HP Elite machine and was doing some BIOS update. The Update software crashed and I restarted, and now I get a blank screen with 2 short beeps.

There must be away to recover the old BIOS back. But I am confused and dont want to screw up this new expensive baby!

There is the battery removal trick, there is a CMOS Reset Jumper trick, and I saw a jumper that reads recovery on the motherboard.

I tried the CMOS jumper, changed it to pins 2-3 instead of 1-2 while the PC is off (not sure if I need to power on the machine after jumper change or ) waited for more than 10 seconds and revert the jumper back and powered the machine on. Nothing happened.

Any ideas?

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

CMOS jumper reset really outta do it on pretty much every motherboard. Always worked for me. Did you do it right? You must unplug the power completely, not just have it turned off, set the jumper as per the instruction manual.

OP
Yamen

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
  • Thread Starter #4
    It is HPE-000
    To be more specific HPE-030fr

V, how do I remove the power completely? Cable off of course, but should I remove the battery also?

Do I move the jumper to pins 2-3 and wait for (how long?) then put it back then on the PC? or move the jumper to 2-3 and power up the machine? And If that worked, do I return the recovery jumper to the way it was?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)