Hatem Trabelsi (1 Viewer)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
On of the best right backs in the world is available in the summer for 1 million Euro (clausule in his contract). We have been linked to him at least 20 times this season by the Dutch media.

Trabelsi is an attacking fullback, sort of like Zambrotta. His dibbling and crosses cause problems for the opponents defense. The difference between Trabelsi and players like Oddo lies in defensive skills. Trabelsi is by far Ajax best defender. He is WAY better then Heitinga when it comes to tackling and stopping attacks. He can't head the ball, but he's a right back so he doesn't have to. His mentality is great, he always runs his heart out.

He has had problems with the Ajax board earlier this season. They had promised him a new contract, but instead activated a clause which extended it to 2006, so without a wage rise. In the end the contract stayed the same, only a €1 M release clause was added.

Please Moggi, sign someone from abroad for once :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Mr. Gol

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    No (he's 27 btw). But there aren't many good fullbacks nowadays. The only good young right back I know is Bonera. But he can't come forward and costs ten times as much.

Jul 28, 2002
    woooow bonera is not the best young fullback....we have best left sided one, buton the right??

Miguel

Aug 1, 2003
    I actually like Trabelsi a lot, and I think his age is just nice for a defender. I believe that good defending grows with age :D

Oddo is also around the same age no? He's at his peak, but other than this season he was rather mediocre

Sep 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    I actually like Trabelsi a lot, and I think his age is just nice for a defender. I believe that good defending grows with age :D

Oddo is also around the same age no? He's at his peak, but other than this season he was rather mediocre
    Some great defenders- like fine wines-grow and maintain a high stadard with age. Good ones- like good plonk have a very short shelf life.

Sep 1, 2002
    I dont necessarily think 'great' defending grows with age. Rephrasing, I believe that you improve with your age if you're a defender.
    Ah but there is a border though. I have seen this fellow Trabelsi and he seems to me more Beaujolais Nouveau than Ch La Conseillante '90 Pomerol.

OP
    Mr. Gol

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13

Oddo is slightly older, 28-29 I think. Oddo has the better cross, but I'm not convinced with his defensive qualities.

Miguel on the other hand is on the same level as Trabelsi, if not better. He is good both in offense and defense. Where Trabelsi runs more Miguel has the better technique and vision. He is also younger, which in our team is important. The reason I prefer Trabelsi is that he doesn't cost much, where Miguel would be quite expensive.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    miguel would best, especially if chiellini goes left back and zambro LM.

Trabelsi would be good, but Maicon wouldnt be that bad either.

Bonera should be last option.

OP
    Mr. Gol

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    If Diogo is signed he will get loaned out to Palermo. And he is more of a right winger who can play right back when needed then an actual right back.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Na he plays RB for the Uruguayan NT and does it extremly well. He also plays alot of right back for River Plate according to my Uruguayan friend who's been following him for years.

Plus about he being directly loaned out to Palermo, that's just words and a theory.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

Trabelsi is a class defender. Considering he has a 1 million clause, he should be a must buy. I havent seen much of him this season, but from the years before that i saw him, he was totally wicked. He reminded of Thuram. He's very solid at the back, and controls everything, kind'a leader.

Oddo would be a 10 year old boy comparing him to Trabelsi.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
    for 1 M, unless moggi is goin to donate us n save our forum, we should really go for trabelsi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)