Harry Potter (2 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by scorpion10 ] ++
Anyone here read Harry Potter? I haven't realluy discussed the book with anyone and I wnated to hear some opinions or predictions about the next book.
I'm going to be honest I haven't read them, but the films are shite imo.. it all looks to be a glorified kids ripoff version of LOTR. :stuckup:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
Unlike 98.275% of the people around me, I never read OR watched any of those books, and I am pround of that!
Join the club. I occasionally feel a surge of irrational dislike of the whole "Harry Potter Phenomenon". Then I remember that people (particularly kids) who don't normally read are getting exposed to the joy of a good book. You can pump millions into literacy programmes, but nothing beats a fashionable book for getting people reading. :)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Join the club. I occasionally feel a surge of irrational dislike of the whole "Harry Potter Phenomenon". Then I remember that people (particularly kids) who don't normally read are getting exposed to the joy of a good book. You can pump millions into literacy programmes, but nothing beats a fashionable book for getting people reading. :)
True...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

I dont have a problem with kids reading it (well I dont have a problem with anyone reading it), I just find it very weird that so many adults read it, like there arent other, more appropriate books available.

Aug 1, 2003
I happen to read Harry Potter and am one of those fans who actually went to the store at 7 am to get the book first.

Now, about the book.

Yes I've read it, better than the disastrous book 5 - I quite like the sixth book although the best I think was the fourth and the funniest the third, all in all book six was nice but was not really fond of the part where Harry liked Ginny and Ron snogging whomever he was snogging.

Pretty interesting the way she explained about the horcruxes and all that. Im looking forward to the seventh book and am curious to know who RAB is, and the only one who has that for initials is Sirius Black's brother.

Try www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)