Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban (1 Viewer)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I think I'm going to take my little sister and brother to see it.. (making excuses to see it.. :embarass: )

it's not just for kids though, it has some nice ideas and the plot is good enough for the first two movies.. I haven't read the books yet.. I might do sometime..

it's sad that the late Richard Harris is not there anymore..

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
the books are good no doubt, but i refuse to immerse myself into the harry potter world now its become so damn commercial.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
the books are good no doubt, but i refuse to immerse myself into the harry potter world now its become so damn commercial.
everything has become so damn commercial..!! don't lock yourself for that..

plus, it's just a movie man..

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
just one simple word i'm disapointed. i was shoked most interest things were cut. stupid things were included. the stupid actors were chosedn. lupin and sirius are described absolutely in different mannerin book.

its seems so childesh, but the book is not ment for children, especially if you have read 4 and 5 part. its very serious book. just read it attentively

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sarah ] ++
That's the reason why I went to watch the 10pm show when there were no kids around :D

I quite enjoyed it actually.
yeah stupid me went to a 1:00 pm showin :groan: where theyre was a loooot of noise! oh dear lord everytime something happen thats was close to scaring the kids.. God forbid!
yeah but it was okay i guess..

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Tina ] ++
just one simple word i'm disapointed. i was shoked most interest things were cut. stupid things were included. the stupid actors were chosedn. lupin and sirius are described absolutely in different mannerin book.

its seems so childesh, but the book is not ment for children, especially if you have read 4 and 5 part. its very serious book. just read it attentively
i agree with u, i was diapointed when i saw the charcters and they are suppose to be much younger than that!!
i was ainticpating quiditch the whole time!! knowing that this is the first year taht they win it! aswell for many parts..but why show harry with the fire bolt in the end when it was in the middle..and they took it to confinscate it..ect..
yes i was very diapointed myself

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by «ƒÕ®zå JüV€» ] ++
oh dear lord everytime something happen thats was close to scaring the kids.. God forbid!
forza what was scaring in that moovie? when i read the book oh yes it was really scary, but in moovies, come on i was so desapointed that i didnt want to watch it.

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by «ƒÕ®zå JüV€» ] ++
i agree with u, i was diapointed when i saw the charcters and they are suppose to be much younger than that!!
i was ainticpating quiditch the whole time!! knowing that this is the first year taht they win it! aswell for many parts..but why show harry with the fire bolt in the end when it was in the middle..and they took it to confinscate it..ect..
yes i was very diapointed myself
forza and waht u think about draco malfoy? he had to be really nasty, but in the moovie he was some stupid little kid.
but anyway so cute :)

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Tina ] ++

forza and waht u think about draco malfoy? he had to be really nasty, but in the moovie he was some stupid little kid.
but anyway so cute :)
yes i know!! he was suppose to be a pian!
i hope the next one isnt as dispointing what are they going to do every time the book gets bigger they get to cut more parts oh dear :down:
yeah well he looks better than before..:LOL:
omg and fred and gorge :LOL: wat is up with that haair!

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
yes in 4t h part it wuld be even more difficult, cos book is so big, but it is really interesting. probably they have to divide it in to 2 parts, to make sure that everything is included. well at least what is most important.

yeah draco is soooooo cute in this movie but he is shown just couple of times that annoyed me really much.

BTW have u known that JK didn't like it when she watched it? i understand why.

Aug 27, 2003
really jk. rowling was disapointed! well it was her favorite book and thye did miss out on alot, but if he just added those parts it would have been a great movie i think the directing and graphics are far much better in this movie..or maybe im just in denila..lool

yeaah i know!! i wanted to see the part in the quiditch when they all dress up as demntors and scare harry but that never happened instead they put that somehwere elese :groan:

i heard they were talking about making book foru 2 parts but the roducers confiremed its gonna be one..oh God i hope they change their minds..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I saw the last two and didn't really like them

i'm gonna see it in about an hour, i'll tell u what i thought when i come back

OP
sallyinzaghi
Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #37
    I was most disappointed that the movie didn't mention that Moony, Prongs, Padfoot and (someone I forgot, what was it?) were actually Sirius, Lupin, James and Peter

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    i sneaked in and watched the last 1/2 hour. wasnt that great. the story didnt seem to make sense, as if they had completely forgone the beginning of the book. :undecide:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I'm not a Harry Potter fan, but I found it to be better than the first and second movies. The whole time travel thing doesn't make sense either, but let's not get into that (look at the Time Travel thread from ages ago for my reason for that :D)

It was pretty sad though, that people were so consumed with Harry Potter that grown men and women were giggling their asses off when the smallest things happened, and people started applauding whenever something (which they knew would happen) happened. I found myself on at least 20 occasions thinking "what's so damn funny?" Oh well, that's the not the point

Salihah, a friend of mine who's a Harry Potter fan had to clarify the names thing for me, as well as the reason why the animal thing was a reindeer or whatever it was... not that I cared :D

Oh btw, if you watch the movie, hang around for a while and look at the credits. Under "stunt people" or whatever, in the left column of names, around the middle, there's EMMA MAC

:rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)