Happy birthday, Pessottino! (1 Viewer)

OP
isha00

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #25
    Just to post this (it was really taken yesterday). He said he was happy to be able to celebrate another birthday. :touched:
    I'll post the article, if you are interested.

OP
    isha00

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #36
    And here is the article, it's mostly about how he spent his birthday. I hope you'll like it.

http://www.lastampa.it/sport/cmsSezioni/qu.../3069girata.asp

IL COMPLEANNO - IERI HA FESTEGGIATO I 36 ANNI
    Pessotto: «Spero resti Trezeguet»
    Festa alle Molinette, regali dalla società: la telefonata a sorpresa di Lapo Elkann
    12/8/2006
    di Giancarlo Emanuel

TORINO. Gianluca ha tra le mani la copia de La Stampa e commenta con Massimo Giletti le terribili imprese di Al Qaeda. Poi va alle pagine dello sport: Ibra se n’è andato. Commenta: «Spero che Trezeguet resti». Poi confida all’amico: «Non vedo l’ora di riprendere il mio posto, al lavoro». Quarantacinque giorni dopo il tentato suicidio, Pessotto vive un momento lunghissimo e particolare. E’ il suo compleanno, il numero 36, ed una volta di più capisce quanta gente gli vuole bene e quanta ha voglia di condividere con lui momenti allegri.

La Juve a Napoli ha lasciato i big ad allenarsi a Vinovo. Subito dopo pranzo, accompagnato dal medico Riccardo Agricola, arriva Del Piero, nell’insolita veste di postino: recapita un mazzo di fiori e una lettera di augurio firmata da tutti, ma proprio tutti, quelli che lavorano per la nuova Juve: giocatori, dirigenti, impiegati, magazzinieri.

Che giornata, per Gianluca: la mattinata trascorre in giro per l’ospedale a fare esami; ne approfittano infermiere e medici per cambiare un po’ l’arredamento della numero 26, la stanza ultima in fondo al corridoio dove un body-guard che non vede e non sente fa in modo che non passino giornalisti o fotografi. E quando Pessotto torna verso le undici scopre che oltre al solito striscione esibito da Alex e Zambrotta al mondiale, ci sono i palloncini colorati con gli auguri, la maglia della Nazionale di nuoto firmata da Rosolino, Magnini, Boggiatto, Marin, Barbotto.
    E, imprevista, riceve da Lapo Elkann una proposta di lavoro: «Gli ha chiesto di fare il dirigente della nostra squadra di nuoto» spiega Marco Durante, grande capo della La Presse Nuoto, uno dei team leader in Italia. Si vedrà, la concorrenza della Juve sarà forte. E poi bisogna vedere i tempi di ripresa, la parola ai medici. Gianluca è impegnato nella fisioterapia ma con loro parla di letteratura, come faceva in tempi migliori con alcuni giornalisti. Scherza: «Sto leggendo Dostojevsky, ma ho anche un paio di Tex da inframezzare». Il vai-e-vieni dell’ora per i parenti è questa volta davvero imponente, insolito rispetto agli ultimi giorni nei quali, anche per via delle ferie, le visite si sono un pochino ridotte. Per la festa con torta arrivano le piccole Federica e Benedetta, con la madre Reana, genitori e suoceri; e poi Massimo Giletti con la compagna Giada De Miceli, Pierluigi Pairetto, l’ex designatore travolto da Calciopoli,l’ex medico bianconero Fabrizio Tencone, accompagnato dal collega ex milanista Rodolfo Tavana. Gianluca è divertito ed emozionato, chiede aiuto a moglie e figlie per spegnere le candeline e commenta: «Una torta così non la vedevo da tanti anni. Di questi tempi, di solito, ero io a portare bibite e pasticcini nello spogliatoio per festeggiare con i compagni».

Appena riacceso il cellulare il segnale per gli SMS ricevuti è ininterrotto e Pessotto, dal letto non può leggere i messaggini; in compenso può rispondere alla chiamata di Ciro Ferrara, oltre a quella di Lapo Elkann e di tanti altri. Dopo una mattinata così intensa un pomeriggio di riposo in attesa delle visite serali. La moglie Reana, stanca in volto ma sempre sorridente commenta: «Gianluca vuol far sapere a tutti che è molto felice di festeggiare un altro compleanno». E tanti sono contenti che lo faccia.
    -------------------------------------------------

Gianluca has a copy of "La Stampa" in his hands and comments with Massimo Giletti the terrible Al Qaeda's actions. He then opens the sport section: Ibra's gone. He says: "I hope Trezeguet will remain". Then he confides his friend: "I can't wait to get back to my job". Forty five days after the suicide attempt, Pessotto lives a very long and particular moment. It's his 36th birthday and once more he understands how many love him and want to share joyful moments with him.

Juve, in Napoli, left the bigs to train in Vinovo. Shortly after lunch, accompanied by doctor Riccardo Agricola, here comes Del Piero, in the uncommon role of the postman: he brings some flowers and a birthday wishes letter signed by everyone, every single one, who works in the new Juve: players, managers, employees, locker room keepers.

What a day for Gianluca: the morning is spent here and there in the hospital, to do some exams; It's the nurses' chance to change a bit the furnishing of room n.26, the last one at the end of the corridor where a "don't listen/don't look" bodyguard makes sure no journalist or photographer manages to get in. And when, around 11, Pessotto comes back he discovers that, other than the same old banner showed by Alex (wasn't it Cannavaro?) and Zambrotta at the WC, there are colored balloons with the wishes, a Swimming NT's shirt signed by Rosolino, Magnini, Boggiatto, Marin, Barbotto (some of the most important Italian swimmers, I don't know if you ever heard of them).
    And, unexpectedly, he receives a job offer from Lapo Elkann : "He asked him to become a manager of our swimming team" explains Marco Durante, the big boss of La Presse Nuoto, one of the Italian leader teams. Time will tell, but Juve is surely a very strong competitor :wink:. And there are the of recovery times to consider, let's let the doctors tell us. Gianluca is doing physiotherapy, but speaks with them about literature, like he did in better times with the journalists. He jokes: "I'm reading Dostojevsky, but I have I also have a couple of Texes to read now and then". The coming and going of relatives in the visiting hour is pretty impressive, something uncommon these days when, also because of the summer vacations, it had a bit diminished. For the party, with cake and all, come little Federica and Benedetta, with their mom Reana, parents and inlaws; and then Massimo Giletti with Giada De Miceli (his gf), Pierluigi Pairetto, the former ref designator swept away by Calciopoli, the former bianconero doctor Fabrizio Tencone, accompanied by his ex milanista colleague Rodolfo Tavana. Gianluca is amused and moved, he asks his wife and daughters for help to blow out the candles and says: "It has been a lot of years since I saw a cake like this one. Usually it was me that had to bring pasticcini and something to drink in the locker room to celebrate with my teammates".

As soon as the cell phone is turned on the beep-beep of the coming SMSs is non-stopping and Pessotto, from his bed, can't read the messages, but he can answer to the Ciro Ferrara's phone call, other than the Lapo Elkann's one and many others. After a so busy morning, an afternoon of rest, waiting for the evening visits. His wife Reana, with a tired but always smiling face, says: "Gianluca wants to let everyone know that he's very happy to be able to celebrate another birthday". And many are happy he did.

el_02

Jul 31, 2006
    Happy belated birthday Pesso...

Wish you all the best... :pint:

You'll always be our hero...
    We truly love you... :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)