Handball (5 Viewers)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Is that supposed to be a joke?!? We love handball!!! Our NTs are a bit underperforming when it comes to big events, but our clubs have a very good reputation when it comes to European Club championship. Our best women club, Krim Electra are current women club champions ;) For the 2nd time in our short 12 years history :star: Male teams haven't gone all the way, but Pivovarna Laško have been in the top 4 or in the finals many times.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
It was not a joke at all. :)

I'm glad to see you guys are interested in handball. It is a really entertaining sport. But we swedes only watch the national team, the clubs are not very good. It is also that the game is so exciting that you can't take it more than a few times every year.

OP
Loppan

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #25
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    But we swedes only watch the national team, the clubs are not very good.
    RIK was in Champions League final last year which means that they're the second best team in Europe so we do have good clubs but it's not general a big crowd in handball during the season.

OP
    Loppan

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    Finals? :eek:

They didn't even make it through the groupplay. :wallbang::D
    Then it was the year before that

Sweden lost against Craotia :sob::down::wallbang:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    Sorry about that ... but I would lie if I said I wasn't happy, as Sweden loosing means also a spot for us in the Olympics :angel:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Loppan ] ++

Then it was the year before that
    They made it to the final in the cup-winners cup and that is a completely different thing. to win the cupwinners cup is not much better than winning the swedish league.

OP
    Loppan

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #31

They made it to the final in the cup-winners cup and that is a completely different thing. to win the cupwinners cup is not much better than winning the swedish league.
    ok, my mistake :embarass:

Sweden will be missing the Olympics :sob::sob::sob::sob:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Loppan ] ++

ok, my mistake :embarass:

Sweden will be missing the Olympics :sob::sob::sob::sob:
    It's really sad we miss the olympics, but the positive part of it is that this was hopefully the last time we saw Staffan Olsson in the team. And there is a lot of good sport this summer anyway.

OP
    Loppan

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #34

It's really sad we miss the olympics, but the positive part of it is that this was hopefully the last time we saw Staffan Olsson in the team. And there is a lot of good sport this summer anyway.
    Yeah, hopefully they can come back even stronger in future tournaments and I'm talking about the young ones like Kim Anderson & Ahlm.
    The coach decided to quit so I'm intersted to see who is taking over the team.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    OMG what a trashing we got from Germany yesterday! :eek: :D Ohh well, not that tragical, we just have to beat France now :strong:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Ah great ... :sigh: Well, at least we trashed the Germans at Volleyball. Which is related imo :D

Is Belgium playing? Otherwise I'll just have to root for Slovenia ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)