Halfway point: Rewind. (1 Viewer)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++Football doesn't work liike this paulo. Milan may have beaten Depor 4-0 where we only managed to get a draw,but Milan lost to Chievo in the Bentagodi while we ran out worthy winners.
Good point there :thumb:

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Great post dpforever.
:thumb:. However as being a pessimist I have to disagree on some of the points.;). (Sorry, being a Japanese, I am DESIGNED to think this way).

Firstly, I must pay attribute to fantastic performace by Buffon, Nedved, Thuram, Alex, Davids, and "cough" Trezeguet "cough".
However, there are some alarming features in our squad. Our defence, is pretty ordinary. Montero has been a bit of disappointment for me when he played. He is still very adequate player but certainly not the awesome Paolo we know. His lack of pace is very worrying. Also, we still haven't sorted out our left back problem. I give credit to Birindelli work working very hard in that position, and he impressed me for the first time in his Juve career.:). Zambrotta looks pretty comfortable too in that position, but jury is out there. All I can say is that neither Zambrotta and Birindelli isn't our long term replacement for that position, and I would not be surprised if it becomes a problematic position in the future. It reminds me bit of mid 90s when we had to play Di Livio as a left back on some occasions. It is achilles heel of our team.

Secondly, our midfield has been more workman like than brilliant. Sure, I like good work ethic and team work, but I think one or two creative talent would do pretty well. Tacc has been playing for his standard but we can still do better.

Thirdly, our reserve strikers has been findinding hard to hit the target. Zala is Zala, and Di Vaio and Salas has been below par for some reason. Di Vaio will pick up soon, I believe. He could become a factor of winning and not winning this year. Nevertheless, we need a long term solution for his position like Mutu, Miccoli, and Adriano.

In the second half, we need to more consistent. I think we have blown bit hot and cold this year.
Play more entertaining football.
Sort out defensive fragilties. I mean the team as well.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
No .. nothing personal ;)

I find it weird that many Juventino doesn't appreciate his services.
There has to be another reason. Maybe you catch him on good days and well the rest of us catch on his usual self :cheesy:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
I too forgot to mention Baiocco.:D
This is a good sign :thumb:

Your comments are also very true .... we need to blow red hot always :D

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #29
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    There has to be another reason. Maybe you catch him on good days and well the rest of us catch on his usual self :cheesy:
    I never miss a Juve game .. well, except for the crappy Coppa Italia ones .. I never get to see them, coz since nearly all teams play with second string squads our TV station decided to only show the semifinal and final :D

Jul 12, 2002
    I never miss a Juve game .. well, except for the crappy Coppa Italia ones .. I never get to see them, coz since nearly all teams play with second string squads our TV station decided to only show the semifinal and final :D
    You aren't really missing much. I paid four hundred euros to see every Coppa game that Juve played and it wasn't worth it.

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #31
    400 Euros :undecide: ?? Does this include all Coppa matches, or only the ones Juve play in ??

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

You aren't really missing much. I paid four hundred euros to see every Coppa game that Juve played and it wasn't worth it.
    that's a little too much........why don't you watch the serie a matches instead?

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Who? ;)
    :LOL:

By the way 400euros for the Coppa is a serious rip off!
    Shame on the broadcasting companies! They have too much monopoly power. Where is regulators?
    Oh wait, that is a press intrusion.;)

Jul 12, 2002
    400 Euros :undecide: ?? Does this include all Coppa matches, or only the ones Juve play in ??
    That was the price for last year's Coppa games that Juve played in. The reason that it cost so much was that the price was to have them send me the games taped in the US. They also put better commentators over the Italian ones in English. The whole service is pretty fantastic, but it was not worth it for the Coppa games.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    I never get to see them, coz since nearly all teams play with second string squads
    Funny coz this is the only reason I watch the Coppa games. I want to see what kind of second team players Juve have. Sadly they are total crap :down:

That must have been a disappointment for you Ricken ..... Let's hope for better times :)

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #37
    I know, that's why im disappointed that im not watching the Coppa this season ..

Anyway, i think our second team is better than Inter's (defeated to Bari) and also better than Roma and Lazio's (they don't have a 2nd team!!) .. but as I said in the coppa thread, Milan have the best second team because of their large squad.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
    yeah i agree we've got a decent second team....look at tacch,pessotto,di vaio,salas etc.

all full internationals.
    Since when are Tacch and Pessotto playin' in the NT all the time?

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
    Tach & Pessotto aren't real second string players. They're just there because they're either out-of-form, or recovering from injury. But once they get back their flair, they'll be in the starting XI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)