Hajj Al Sayid Nicolas Anelka - Shangai Shenhua (114 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2012
If you look at this signing from the management point of view:

1. We have/almost achieved our CL goal by reaching Semis/breaking out group stage with respectful results. (Win/Draw bonuses)
2. We are about to achieve a huge Financial goal by breaking even before two seasons of scheduled time IF we don't spend on this winter mercato.
3. We can win Scudetto easily with our current FW's.
4. Our 5th choice FW is not reliable and long-term injured.
5. We don't want to put high pressure / bother our Primavera kids to replace that 5th choice FW.
6. We couldn't bring back Gabbiadini or Immobile only to the end of the season due to the refusal of their halves owners.
7. Why don't we get a short-term sub who is better than Bendtner? What should be the characteristics of that sub to help us in CL and to achieve our Financial goal? Cheap, have CL experience and will accepts a short-term contract.
8. What are the current choices that meet the previous criteria ? DD, LL, Anelka.
9. DD wants high wage and long-term contract. LL cannot be loaned with a small fee with option to buy. So the only choice left is Anelka.

Summary: This season's Sporting goals have been achieved. Now we want to achieve our Financial goals. The quality rise will be in the summer with a new set of goals for the new season.

Apr 29, 2006
So Anelka with taxes would be at least 1.6m(scudetto), going to 2.6m (but then we'd have won the CL and wouldn't care).
Not that bad, but I would love to see if there was a plan with our disposable strikers. If we can't sell them well either ... There would be no JoJo in the summer.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I know Anelka is not everybodys first, second or even third choice but something tells me this guy can still offer us something that the likes of Bendtner couldn't in the last 30-20 minutes of a game when we desperately need a goal. especially in the CL.

And all this talk of booing him should not be an option.

We're 5 points top of Serie A, 1 win away from the Coppa Final and possibly a step away from the CL Quarterfinals so we need our fans to support our team and be behind all our players.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Wouldn't it be great if the Anelka deal doesn't go through for some extraordinary circumstances, like getting locked in a bathroom or something. Where is Tiago when we need him the most!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The good thing is that he came for the cheap and his contract is pretty short, being only a loan.

IMO, i would have stood with our current forwards even if that meant a possible early CL exit, but if would have been maybe better to believe in what we got and put some faith in them, than to sign a super expensive striker for this mercato.

SO, because of this, i dont thnk is a terrible move taking in consideration that he definitely is a seasoned striker and an upgrade to Bendtner, who i hope will leave soon.

Nothing against bender, but his signing was a panic buy and he just doesnt cut it,,, we can do better.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
The good thing is that he came for the cheap and his contract is pretty short, being only a loan.

IMO, i would have stood with our current forwards even if that meant a possible early CL exit, but if would have been maybe better to believe in what we got and put some faith in them, than to sign a super expensive striker for this mercato.

SO, because of this, i dont thnk is a terrible move taking in consideration that he definitely is a seasoned striker and an upgrade to Bendtner, who i hope will leave soon.

Nothing against bender, but his signing was a panic buy and he just doesnt cut it,,, we can do better.
Anelka is hardly a better option than Bendtner.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
i like this possible signing.

nothing more fun than seeing the frustration spread among the lemmings. making lisandro lopez look like a savior :lol:

add to that, that it again shows that marotta is nothing more than a decent gm. making his ludicrous followers look even more dumb (as if possible).

anelka :tup:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Was not convinced with Lisandro and pretty neutral on Anelka.

Don't see it as a bad move given that it is a loan and the fact that we need another striker (we only had 1 available last week).

My only worries are his form (I read 3 goals in 22 games in China?) and attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)