Hajj Al Sayid Nicolas Anelka - Shangai Shenhua (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
The poor man's Drogba, interesting choice, i thought it was just press BS.
O well, he is better than nothing (Bendter/Borriello) but we could have kept DP instead...
How is he a poor man's Drogba? Those are two totally different players
Second post and already questioning Cronios :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

Just as Anella is being compared to Del Piero. This forum doesnt differentiate between types of players when comparing.
:agree:

If a player is black, he can automatically be compared to another black player #CronLogic

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
He's better than both Matri and Quag actually.

I was never a fan of his, though.
I was and once upon a time this mercenary was far better than Matri and Quaq, esp the moment we got them, but i am not sure of his form atm.
If he is better than Quaq now, that would be a good transfer, but none of them were never consistent...
How is he a poor man's Drogba? Those are two totally different players
Being CFs and all, both of them were options for the same spot, what we lack the most, the vacant finisher spot.
Both of them are has beens, both of them can be acquired as free agents, both of them would be just quick fixes and not long term investments.
But i guess being new to the forums, you must be clueless about the things we were discussing/considering, welcome to the forums btw (if you are not a double account)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
It's not about comparing their style, they just happen to play the same position so preferring one to play for us over the other makes sense.
Anelka is brought in as a striker to lead the line, the guy who will play in front of Vucinic / Gio. Del Piero can do many things, but he can't play the leading striker. It's a waste of all his qualities to put him up there.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope the fans boo the shit out of him if he shows up tonight.
That's the mature approach :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

A weak heavy ass too. Not any ass.
You started the grammar show man, don't back pedal now and reply indirectly to me through quotations of b81.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
loool no disrespect intended i was just trying to understand the logic behind it..

im pretty sure that some of you guys will eat your words just give the guy a chance
We heard that with Bednter and Borriello before him. We have yet to eat our words. Perhaps, you need to wake up and smell the coffee and realize that St. Nicholas is a has been.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
He's better than both Matri and Quag actually.

I was never a fan of his, though.
Totally agree!

Seriously what does everyone expect? Especially during this January transfer window. We've captured Llorente for next season which I'm happy about. And short term needed a goal scorer. LL would have been ideal but I'm glad marotta hasn't paid €11m, with that can look elsewhere come summer. Shame could'nt get him on loan. Not exactly jumping for joy over this move but he's better than Bendtner but then again who isn't? I couldn't care less if the player to get us goals is the most hated person on earth.its a short term solution to hopefully get goals. That's the main issue here cos if our forwards wasn't so incompetent this season then we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Anelka is brought in as a striker to lead the line, the guy who will play in front of Vucinic / Gio. Del Piero can do many things, but he can't play the leading striker. It's a waste of all his qualities to put him up there.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the mature approach :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

You started the grammar show man, don't back pedal now and reply indirectly to me through quotations of b81.
Capitalize my name please :stuckup: Total disrespect :p

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
Obviously, Lisandro would've been the better option seeing that he would be younger and hungrier, but I don't know, I'm not devastated that Anelka is coming like most of you here. His overall technique (First touch, finishing, ball control..) is way better than Matri and Quagliarella. It would be a bonus if he still has some of his athleticism.

Of course Del Piero and Trezeguet staying would've been better options than Toni/Bendtner/Anelka, but whats done is done and that should be the whole management's fault. However, Marotta is doing a very good job till now. Anelka is a huge risk, given his attitude, but it's for six months and I choose to be optimistic about it.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Obviously, Lisandro would've been the better option seeing that he would be younger and hungrier, but I don't know, I'm not devastated that Anelka is coming like most of you here. His overall technique (First touch, finishing, ball control..) is way better than Matri and Quagliarella. It would be a bonus if he still has some of his athleticism.

Of course Del Piero and Trezeguet staying would've been better options than Toni/Bendtner/Anelka, but whats done is done and that should be the whole management's fault. However, Marotta is doing a very good job till now. Anelka is a huge risk but it's for six months and I choose to be optimistic about it.
And he is dirt cheap wage wise. We can't really lose on this transfer (unless he does something to actively hurt the team, but I doubt he can do that in 6 months :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)