Gym and fitness (6 Viewers)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Fuck, sometimes I really hate my life. After I injured my shoulder and tore ligaments, I finally started to train again, however I had to adapt my training regime to my injury (shoulder still hurts like hell), than I started to train BJJ again, and last night something cracked in my elbow :(

I'm really frustrated, I feel strong and full of energy, but these damn injuries are killing me.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Well, tbh, those pullups are to build explosive strenght in the upper shoulder region

World class raw deadlifters, such as Konstantin Konstantinovs, do the same (on 100kg+ bodyweight)

The second best deadlifter in my gym does this aswel.

Its offcourse an advanced excercise. if you do this without the neccecary muscles, you'll tear tendons in no time

- - - Updated - - -

The guy is however swinging it far to much

This is how its done properly

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Well those pull ups that Dusan posted are way to different to those Zach posted, even though they have similar foundation. First ones are totally retarded...

P.S. After my injury finally good news, I've got offer to work at Supplement store :D

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Congratz on the new job :)
Thanks, but I still didn't get it, it's on hold for now, until I get response from other company where I applied for job. It's far more serious and challenging job, and would be a good step for my career (career that I still don't have :D )

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Just started doing this, getting back into running now since the weather is finally getting good. Dem shin splints and dat breathing through a straw sensation.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ultimate-8-week-hiit-for-fat-burning-program.html

Well those pull ups that Dusan posted are way to different to those Zach posted, even though they have similar foundation. First ones are totally retarded...

P.S. After my injury finally good news, I've got offer to work at Supplement store :D
Yeah, like they aren't even comparable :p. The way that Zach posted, I kinda find easier than doing "regular" pull ups though. It's like what my body naturally wants to do. Been trying to stop it though.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The one i posted are an advanced version anyway, doesnt do anything but build explosiveness.

For everyone else, i'd advice the 50 pullup rule. Do 50 pullups during your back day. can be in 1 set of 50 or as much as 50 sets of 1. goal is offcourse to narrow down the number of sets.

Got some news on the accident.

Despite the cut and relatively large hematoma, no muscle in the arm or shoulder is injured. Skin is in bad shape, but you dont need skin to lift

The leg however, is something else.

Originally i feared for an Inguinal hernia cause of the big "sack" that appeared rather fast

But It was to low on the leg. After getting medical advice, it appears its a big stretch or tear in eighter the hamstring or the adductor muscle.
Wierd thing is that 2 days after the accident, i went back to the gym, as the muscles dont hurt but the swelling and hematoma is quite massive, and i managed to squat 230kg without any pain. On advice, i didnt do deadlifts

Currently, the swelling is going away, and the hematoma is less dark, but is stretching out nearly the entire upper leg

Because i feel no pain , i'm going to try wide stance deadlifts in 2 houres time. warm up extensively and then rack up the weights till i reach my projected max.

If its the adductor, then it should be allright, if its the hamstring then its kinda russian roulette : fun but ends with a bang.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)