Guys I need some advice (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++
I wanna save up and buy a gas mask.

Has anyone else bought or had experience with gas masks before? They're pretty cheap- around $50 more/less.
I've been looking around for gas mask a while ago when we had trouble in Holland again with the Moluk rebels but the 'better' ones are EUR 250,- or over and like Ian said - they're not very useful with most of today's chemical and biological weapons. Most of those things enter your body through your skin as well so I dropped the whole thing...

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

'
    You can not get a working gas mask for under $200 american. The ones that you see for $50 have poor filters, and do not even come close to filtering all of the common airborne weapons out there.

Don't go to an Army surplus store, because those masks all have shot filters.

In conclusion, I can't imagine what you would want a gas mask for, because most of the really nasty nerve gas will melt the plastic that they're made out of anyway.

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #25
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

'
    You can not get a working gas mask for under $200 american. The ones that you see for $50 have poor filters, and do not even come close to filtering all of the common airborne weapons out there.

Don't go to an Army surplus store, because those masks all have shot filters.

In conclusion, I can't imagine what you would want a gas mask for, because most of the really nasty nerve gas will melt the plastic that they're made out of anyway.
    ian im not scared of a biological attack, i want one for fun. I dont need filters and what not. as long as they look cool, and satisfy my curiosity im a happy lac.

and DJ, his wife is doing great. in fact she won the 2002 hippo-wrestling competition wrestler of the year award.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)