Guns N' Roses - Greatest Hits (5 Viewers)

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
actually turns out the band didnt want the release of this greatest hits album.

----------
An action in the last 24 hours by members of Guns 'n' Roses to stop the release of a Greatest Hits album has been thrown out of court.

Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McLagan tried to stop Universal Music from issuing the Guns 'n' Roses 'Greatest Hits' album due for release next week by filing action in a Los Angeles court against their label Geffen Records.

Rose claims the release of the hits album will interfere with the release of his upcoming Guns 'n' Roses album 'Chinese Democracy' but that album is more than five years overdue.

Geffen Records, owner of the masters, says that if Rose released Chinese Democracy when he was meant to then there most likely wouldn't be a greatest hits record now to even worry about. Geffen are rumoured to have advanced Rose more than $10 million to date for the production of the still unreleased Chinese Democracy.
------------------------------

So now we will have to wait even longer for Chinese Democracy. I had read other articles that axl was working full on on the album to get it released. Now he will delay because he dosent want to be fighting against himself.

Geffen are tired of waiting, they're gonna milk GNR for all they are worth now :down:

Velvet Revolver have their album out soon to, so its unlikely Axl will want a head to head with the old members.

Chinese Democracy is still a long way away :down:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Not really a greatest hits album... more a teeny pop favs album...

Where the fvck is Mr. Brownstone

Not to mention the studios total lack of respect for GnR by placing no less than 5 covers on this supposed GnR greatest hits...Please if your a GnR fan or even if youve never heard them dont buy this crap jus get out your old cds or go an buy appetite & uyi 1 & 2... not this disgrace

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
I dont think anyone will buy this album if they have the other albums. But it is a greatest hits as in their most popular songs.

The band didnt get the choose the songlist or cd artwork.

Geffen shouldnt have made it, but cant really blame them i mean they've given Axl 10million plus loads of studio time, five years later and he hasnt done his part and finished the album.

On another note the new guitarist 'buckethead' has quit the band. So its all pretty f*cked.

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
I just saw this today :D

"In the year 2001, there were 236 confirmed bigfoot sightings in the U.S. Yet there were only 12 confirmed Axl Rose sightings. For the past ten years one of rocks most recognizable figures has been in hiding. Only a few people have ever seen him in public. What does Axl Rose look like now? How does he dress? What does he eat? Is he more afraid of us than we are of him? This short film is a collection of actual eyewitness accounts from those who have spotted this reclusive creature in recent years."

Have You Seen Axl Rose?

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
ok..whats the latest album by guns 'n' roses??
i dont mean "the greatest hits" ...cuz i saw one of their albums today and i am not sure if its the one or not!

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
new album? I thought they split up? and Velvet Revolver sucks....I dont know what happened to the great Slash....he didn't impress me at all with Velvet Revolver

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
the new guns n roses album is expected for release in feb 05. Its coming! :D

Its friggin awesome, its gonna be the greatest album ever, seriously!

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
cuz i was at the store and the guy told me its the latest..i was like "ok"...anyways,i will probably get it later :p

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
well yeah it is the latest cd they have released. its a best of though no new material. there new cd is coming or so they say.

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
my aunt lives in London,she went to HMV and asked the shop assistant about the latest,he was like"its sold out maybe you should go to Tottenham,you might find it there.."

Alex

May 1, 2004
as a die hard GNR's fan i swore i wouldn't buy Greatest Hits but i just had to. To all those who have bought it as their first GNR's CD then yes there are a shit load of other great songs they missed.

Geffen records simply chose 14 tracks which had all been sold as singles and thus were the highest grossing songs for GNR's.

as far as Chinese Democracy goes...who knows when it will be finished. My bet is that it will easily surpass Contraband by Velvet Revolver. No doubtedly Chinese Democracy will differ greatly from all the other GNR"s albums as one of the resons the band split was cos Axl wanted the band to head into new directions. Never theless looking forward to it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)